Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hi guys,I may have wasted some money and need some advice.I bought a CD changer on EBAY from a 06 frontier[non R-F]and want to install it in a 07 xterra S pkg trim.Will this work?also can you install the controls on the steering wheel on a one that came with cruise control on the wheel but not audio controls?How hard is it to do, if you can?Thanks

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is possable the steeringwheel is already wired?If anyone has done this please some pic's would help out alot.

·
on line
971 Posts
elkidd said:
I hi guys,I may have wasted some money and need some advice.I bought a CD changer on EBAY from a 06 frontier[non R-F]and want to install it in a 07 xterra S pkg trim.Will this work?also can you install the controls on the steering wheel on a one that came with cruise control on the wheel but not audio controls?How hard is it to do, if you can?Thanks
When you say CD changer, I'm assuming the indash 6-disc CD/MP3 changer (non-RF), correct?

·
on line
76 Posts
elkidd said:
I did almost the same thing, except I think my new head unit came from an 08. I found that the mounting holes on the head until were about 1/2 inch farther back from the front of the unit, meaning the whole thing sticks out of the dash too far. I had to drill and tap new holes in the side of the radio and modify the mounting brackets a little to get it to work. Be careful when drilling into the radio not to let the bit go in too far and damage internal components. I would also recommend taping over the holes in the side of the radio to prevent as many of the metal shavings as possible from getting inside. Once you're done with that it should be a direct plug and play installation.

I chose not to add the steering wheel controls, but if you want them I think the biggest issue is you need a new clock spring in the steering column that has the extra wires in it. You'll need to find the wire harness, too. I decided it was more trouble than it was worth...

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed the radio today,I did find the mounting holes were farther back,but I drilled new bigger holes in the bracket instead.It was a direct plug upand sounds much better now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts