Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That adapter should work fine. However, of us with CBs just wire them in to the truck. I wired mine into the circuit for the lower 12v outlet which is always on, so I can use the CB with the ignition off. It took maybe 10 minutes to wire it in, and I didn't have to give up an outlet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Its pretty easy to get to the wires for the center console outlet as well. That is where I tapped my cb in.

This is a pic from the floor in the backseat looking forward with the cup holders removed. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the console and fed the wires up through it to the cb.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
^^^Exactly. If you wire it to the lower 12V outlet in the lower dash you don't even have to drill holes, just run the wire around between the center dash and the glove box. If you mount the CB in the little tray that is down there the bulk of the radio hides the wires, and it makes the mic easy to grab since it's down by the shifter.

I like the location so much I put the faceplate for my VHF/UHF ham radio down there too :)

·
on line
4,593 Posts
I use a cable such as that for my radio.

Cut the connector off, spliced the wires to the leads from the radio, plug CigPlug into center console outlet, talk to buddies on the trail.

The cable has an inline fuse for extra protection.

I have had no issues with the cable in 8 years of putting into the center console for trail usage and then removing at the end of the trip. 15+ trips a year.

YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts