Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last two runs...my CB has been acting up!...it works fine when we test it out before the run (X is off)...but while on the run...people cannot here me, but I can here them...we tried switching out mics...but didn't work...any suggestions?....

·
on line
962 Posts
where is it located? Where is your antenna?
Usually when you start moving, any noise (vibrations) can mess with it. So, if the antenna or CB is close to the ignition, engine, or muffler, you could have problems.

·
on line
631 Posts
Hey jason... when you have time give me call. I wanna test the antenna cable and antenna. Then check for RFI (radio frequency interference) on the power cable. I might have to re-route it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
To me it sounds like it's just out of tune. What is your SWR? If you have no idea, that is where I would start. You can pick up a cheap SWR meter for $20 online and $5 for a short 3' antenna cable to run between the meter and the CB.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Radio Shack, sells a fairly good quality SWR meter- pt# 21-534, was $35 bucks two years ago--

--the RG58/U, cable assy was $6.29--

--Worked great on my cobra and if you want, you can get a few bucks back by "tuning" friends CB's--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
628 Posts
JIMBO said:
:clown: Radio Shack, sells a fairly good quality SWR meter- pt# 21-534, was $35 bucks two years ago--

--the RG58/U, cable assy was $6.29--

--Worked great on my cobra and if you want, you can get a few bucks back by "tuning" friends CB's--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO
Radio Shacks SWR Meter is now running $49.99, I just bought one the other day. According to the owner of this radio shop near me, it is the only thing he suggests buying from Radio Shack though.

·
on line
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the feed back, driver x helped me get it back in tune..believe it was the mic...might reroute wires later and buy or get a better CB!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts