Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have you routed the CB cable to the bumper. Mine already runs to the back of the vehicle to its current mounting location. But it's just closed in the hatch. What are some options to get the cable outside to the bumper?

·
on line
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumped because I'm about ready to do this now. Anyone have their CB antenna on the Shrock tire carrier?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I do not, but if you have enough coax, I would run behind the plastic in the back drill a hole and then down under the body and come out the same hole in the bumper as the plate light. I am not sure if 18' of coax would be long enough.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
I have the antenna mount on my Shrock bumper, but the CB install place recommended against this setup. It will not give the best reception. Centrally locating the antenna on the roof of the vehicle will give the best possible (360 degrees of) reception.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That is true, but I have mine mounted on my front bumper and I can reach out about 4 miles in front and behind me on the highway, which is plenty for me.

·
on line
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AZ-Ted said:
I have the antenna mount on my Shrock bumper, but the CB install place recommended against this setup. It will not give the best reception. Centrally locating the antenna on the roof of the vehicle will give the best possible (360 degrees of) reception.
I use mine almost exclusively on the trail, or a roadtrip to the trail. It is currently mounted in the seam of the hatch and I zip tie it bent over to the rack and I get adequate reception for trail use.

I agree that the roof would be best for reception and a good ground plane, but that's not going to happen on my rig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts