Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I placed an order at carid on 8-17-17 for a catalytic converter that they showed as in stock. They sent me an order confirmation saying my order was estimated to ship on 8-22-17 great right or so I thought. On 8-23 the order still was showing as processed but not shipped so I called them and was told it was on back order till 9-25 so I demanded a refund and was left a voicemail that my refund was being given to me the same day as I requested. Here it is the next day and I still don't have my money back they say they have sent it but may take 3-5 days this is outrageous they had the money from me within 48 hours. I am now stuck on getting a new cat because of their slow refund process I have found one somewhere else and it is the only one they have in stock and now I don't have the money to buy the other one till they get my money back to me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I had a shipping issue with them this summer. I really wouldn't trust their site when it says 'In Stock - Ships in 24 to 48 hrs' or whatever the estimate is. The item I purchased was listed as 'in stock' and said it shipped in a few days. My initial shipping date was past the advertised window, but I only found out about that after I'd paid. Then when the shipping date was missed, they blamed it on a 'manufacturer delay'. Why would a manufacturer delay impact an item they claim to have 'in stock'? Makes me think they claim it's 'in stock' but really just drop ship. I can't recall what the shipping label said though.

I ended up getting the item about 15 days after I ordered. It wasn't a cheap order (~$500), but it wasn't a repair item either so it was more of an inconvenience than anything. They issued me a $15 gift certificate as an apology, but I don't think I'll be purchasing anything from them again.

I hope they get you sorted out and you can get a new cat soon for a decent price.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not defending CARID and have never ordered from them, but knowing how the banks and CC's work, I wouldn't count on a refund appearing the same day at anytime or with any company. That's why a bank informs you that a deposit can take more than 24 hours to appear on your statement, much less a refund. Also, I believe the cutoff for banks is still around 2:00pm. So, a transaction that happened after 2pm could not appear until late the next day or possible the morning of 2 days.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not defending CARID and have never ordered from them, but knowing how the banks and CC's work, I wouldn't count on a refund appearing the same day at anytime or with any company. That's why a bank informs you that a deposit can take more than 24 hours to appear on your statement, much less a refund. Also, I believe the cutoff for banks is still around 2:00pm. So, a transaction that happened after 2pm could not appear until late the next day or possible the morning of 2 days.
Very true. Paypal can be pretty instant, but banks are slow and in my experience it gets slower if a CC is involved (rather than payment with a debit card). Amazon issues refunds instantly in some cases, but only if you choose Amazon credit. Even they take a couple days if a bank was involved. Throw in a weekend, a bank holiday, an early afternoon bank cutoff time (particularly if the bank is east coast and you're on the west), and things can stretch out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got my refund today and got my cat ordered from another website that sold their last one before I got to them today with my order but they are able to get one shipped to me on Wednesday to arrive Thursday of which I find quite awesome considering carid told me it would be a month for them to be able to get one in to ship to me. Thank you Magnaflow Exhaust Solutions for being able to get this in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A similar thing happened to my order of Bilstein 5100's through them.

They said they were in stock and then all of a sudden they were back ordered for 2 months.

I cancelled the order and bought them elsewhere.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A similar thing happened to my order of Bilstein 5100's through them.

They said they were in stock and then all of a sudden they were back ordered for 2 months.

I cancelled the order and bought them elsewhere.
And let me guess you found out about the back order like I did when calling to find out why the order hadn't shipped yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts