Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I spent 7 nights from August 3rd thru the 10th camping in an area called Deadman's Creek and then Loon Lake, British Columbia. Fishing was not good, did some exploring and off roading. Here are some pics:

Some of the lakes that we found on the logging road to Deadman's Falls. Some beautiful lakes that were so quiet and untouched for the most part.

A little bit of playing in the mud on the way to finding Deadman Falls. Once we found the falls we were amazed at such a beautiful site in the middle of nowwhere. We found them by looking for a geocache in the area!!

On the drive back from the falls we came across this tiny chipmunk sitting on a post. He stayed there so we could snap a picture. Cabin picture is kinda cool!!! We also stopped to take a few pics of the Hoo Doos along Deadman Creek Road. Tried to get the X in a few!!

This was the view from our campsite on Deadman Creek. Awesome!!

After 3 nights at Deadman Creek we took off to Loon Lake - this was our camp site set up.

Some pictures of Loon Lake and the only fish that we caught and released. My son caught it on day 1 at Loon Lake. We stayed for 4 nights. We love this lake!!

Some more wildlife at on the edge of Loon Lake and near Deadman's Falls. Nice black bear cub on the lake.

While at Loon Lake we rented a pontoon boat to do some fishing and swimming. The weather wasn't great for swimming and the fishing was
about the same.

We did some horseback riding at Wild Mountain around Loon Lake, BC. The drive home we cam across a Big Horn Sheep on the side of the road near Spences Bridges.

Driving back into the Coastal Mountain Range

Some river rafters on the mighty Thompson River

Time to head home !!!

We had a great time and really enjoyed exploring the lakes and trails. It's an amazing province. Come see it if you have never been!!!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
looks like a damn good time!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dpatton, yes we did go up the Deadman - Vidette road. My girlfriends family has a 300 acre ranch of this road that has been in the family for over 150 years, longest any ranch has been with one family in B.C.. There is only the original cabin, but it has Deadman Creek running through the property, great for swimming.
We spend every August long weekend up there camping and exploring, then head off too anothe rspot for the rest of the week.

I had never heard of Confluence before? We have been doing Geocaching with the kids, they enjoy that. And there is a great one at Deadman Falls.
Have you been to the falls?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
GO SENS!! sorry I could not resist :bounce:

·
on line
47 Posts
Late post, but had to tell you my fav pic is the one with the X and the tent trailer. We have an old Starcraft we backroad with.

And for great 4x4 and fishing, come on over to the Kootenays :)

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Backwoods said:
Late post, but had to tell you my fav pic is the one with the X and the tent trailer. We have an old Starcraft we backroad with.

And for great 4x4 and fishing, come on over to the Kootenays :)
Backwoods, we should plan something for the summer. Maybe we can get a few X's from the mainland and the Kootneys and do a weekend wheeling and camping trip.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moderator, can this thread be moved to the Canada section?
Thanks,
Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts