Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A funny story. Just before Christmas my wife decided that she just had to have a new love seat for the living room. She had picked out the one she wanted and I got the instructions to go pick it up. The measurements of the love seat are 35" wide, 34" tall, and 67" long.

I got the the furniture store and paid for the item and went to the loading dock to pick it up. The guy at the dock just looked at me and the "X" with a "yeah, sure" look on his face. I assured him that the seat would fit. He said nothing and the "yeah, sure" look didn't leave his face. I removed the rear seat cushions and dropped the rear seat backs (removing the seat cushions gave me an extra five inches or so). We loaded the seat into the back and when it was as far forward as possible I went to close the tailgate. Loading dock guy was still looking skeptical. I dropped the gate (carefully) and the door latched. There was about an inch to spare. The guy shook his head and said that he was impressed. He told me that he had never seen anyone get a love seat into an SUV before, though plenty have tried. I just grinned. I didn't need to tie down the love seat because there was not much room for it to move! The fit was tight, but it fit.

The X has incredible storage space that is for sure!

Andrew.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yup, great for sleeping to--

--

--I'm 6'4" and by positioning those seats, I get to streach out--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Same here. We bought a couch and love seat at costco. The love seat fit inside with the latch closed. The couch was close, about 80% of it fit. Just tied the hatch down and on my way.
I love the versatility of the X.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
A friend of mine purchased a couch off of Craig'sList and asked my help in picking it up.

I fit most of a sectional couch inside my X! It was like Tetris in the real world.

So, yes. Continue to be amazed by what the X's are capable of.

·
on line
443 Posts
YEp, I am in the process if gutting and redesigning my grandmas kitchen. Fridge, stove, dishwasher, 10 cabinets, and countless other items have gone in there. The truck just works.

·
on line
47 Posts
Same here, fit the whole sectional (took 3 trips), a love seat, tables, and a dishwasher in the back of the X. Quick story, my wife went car shopping just before the warranty ran out and the rear cargo area was her major hold up. 4Runner & Pathfinder both had softer ride but were too "mommy-like" as ahe put it and neither had much room in the back. X5 4.8 she loved but once again can't carry 1/2 the stuff she likes to pick up and bring home. Only thing close was the Land Rover LR3 esp w/ the touch screen voice activated Nav but the depreciation seemed a bit steep. 08's going for $56k & 06's on the same lot for $30-35k. Needless to say we stuck w/ the X & enjoying every moment of it.

·
on line
366 Posts
How do you do that exactly? Do you fold down the front passenger seat flat?

JIMBO said:

--

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Well, I don't have to lay the front pass. seat horizontal, as pictured here, but--

--

--I do remove the REAR pass. seat (as shown tilted up) before we even go out to the boonies, actually take both REAR pass. seats out and make the bed up before leaving !!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I fit a full sized upright freezer in the back once. I even had room to spare.

I also helped some friends more and she kept asking me if I had room for, this and that. After about the 20th thing or so (small stuff they didn't want in the moving truck), she asked where I was putting everything. When i told her that it's all in the back of the X and I still had room, she was impressed.

·
on line
853 Posts
mudpuppy000 said:
How do you do that exactly? Do you fold down the front passenger seat flat?

JIMBO said:

--

There is another thread around here someplace that shows how to do this, but for now:

1) get one of the small Rubbermaid Action Packer storage boxes (Walmart has them for around $15)

2) Remove (and leave at home) the seat bottom for the rear seat. I usually only do the driver's side since my wife is short enough to not need the extra space, and if we need to carry a passenger we still have one seat.

3) Push the driver's seat all the way forward and put the Action Packer box on the floor behind it.

4) Fold down the rear sear backs.

Once you do this you'll have just over 6' of flat space to stretch out on. The Action Packer box is the perfect height for this.

Add on some window vent shades to provide ventilation even if it's raining and you've got a real nice place to sleep.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:-Great ideas, I use one of my smaller coolers, for the spacer and I made up my own vent, to keep the bugs out !!

--

-- :geek: :geek: ---JIMBO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts