Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Xterra S (6MT)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've had my X I think I've only opened my roof top box one time. What do you guys keep up there on a daily basis?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
A short tow strap, more like a tree saver, and a few folded up pieces of industrial floor mat (carpeted top, rubber coated bottom) that I use when hauling stuff, also handy for throwing over a winch cable.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Life jacket and gloves after kayaking.
Trail shoes after hiking.
Left overs after dinner when it's cool enough out.
Small tool box with jumper cables in it lives there most of the time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
822 Posts
Any of you ever got your stuff stolen out of there? The ones that don't have the locking handle.
You'd be surprised how many people have no idea theres storage space up there. When I got my truck, guys who i consider "car guys" were surprised to see that.

To answer, in the winter pretty much nothing but summer time I keep some flip-flops and a little field supply kit with bug spray and sun block ect. I play a lot of disc golf so occasionally theres a putter or something in there too haha.

·
Registered
550 Posts
broken dreams and midget tears. It's also where I put the MPGs that I had before I did all those mods..

·
Registered
2011 Xterra S (6MT)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
broken dreams and midget tears. It's also where I put the MPGs that I had before I did all those mods..
Haha! I think my straps and jumper cables are gonna go up there soon.

·
Registered
577 Posts
A pair of muddy shoes and a snatch strap. Lots of times when I changed a diaper it goes up there until I'm able to trash it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,362 Posts
On a daily basis, nothing.

I have used it to carry a stinky fuel rag. Wetsuit and wet towels stink when left in the truck, so they take a ride home on the roof. Really don't use it much, but like it when I do use it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
On a daily basis, nothing.

I have used it to carry a stinky fuel rag. Wetsuit and wet towels stink when left in the truck, so they take a ride home on the roof. Really don't use it much, but like it when I do use it.
ive done the portable fridge (snow+ beer/icecream/frozen food etc)
wet shoes/towels
tools

generally empty

·
Registered
601 Posts
is it ok to leave snatch or tow straps in the roof box? I am worried that exposure to wet conditions on a regular basis may damage the straps or make them unsuable after a while. is it safe to do this?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts