Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this advertised:
http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/floor_protection/reargear/reargear.htm
But cannot STAND wrinkles, cloth, etc. SO I'm thinking, "not so much".

Has anyone RHINOLINED (or an equivalent) the back of their X? I know someone that got some spray-can liner from eBay. I was wondering if anyone did this or knows someone who did. I really want to, I'm scratching the heck out of my plastic back there.

Thanks aLOT!!!

·
on line
400 Posts
i would do further research, i think they are asking 2 much $ for it..

are you trying to cover the sides 2 or just the floor/back rear seats?

·
on line
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most importantly the floor.....but I'd like to do the plastic on the sides too. It's easily scratched. And it's not because I'm trying to be a neat freak and 'keep it looking new'....but because I want to beat the hell out of it, yet not have it look chewed up. (which is partly my fault, as I tossed my snowshoes back there not thinking about the spikes)

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That thing looks well equipped to take that lady astronaut from Texas to Florida without the depends!
Way too much mula, looks like crap.
As you can see by the pic. I solved this problem long ago for me. Big Lots Ford cargo mat, $15 A little trimming and she slides right in, see by the edges it kinda pushes stuff away from the sides, I have 28K miles + on my x and you can't tell the back from new. If you spill a 5 gallon tank of water, it drains out the back door. Nifty. $15 And I see these thing lying on the road all the time, so keep an eye out, (They blow out of trucks.) MC

·
on line
20 Posts
I picked up this cheap Uzite Indoor/Outdoor carpet at Costco for like $25. My girlfriend had the idea to use a pattern made from some cheap paper so we wouldn't mess up when cutting the carpet. Used an #11 scalpel to make a clean cut. They only had blue and a really light grey, but the underside of the carpet is black, so used that, and then I figure if I ever want to sleep back there and have it semi clean I can just flip it over. Left some extra space so it will cover the seats when folded flat, and when used with the Retractable Cargo Cover, the extra can be folded behind that and then protects the back of the seats even when they are upright. Probably still need to figure out a way to protect the plastic on the sides... Here's the pic:

·
on line
6 Posts
FULL cargo liner??

I've been looking all over for a fitted liner (like the Weathertech) that fits the entire cargo area - all the way across the rear seats when they're down. Anyone seen one somewhere? thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts