Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Came with the X but the very same day took it out because i thought it was a waste of space. Does anybody actually use theirs?

·
on line
280 Posts
I wouldn't mind having one when carrying certain things. I bought the carpet mat to keep stuff from sliding around back there.

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just want to see if anyone actually found a good use for it, ima try to add it next time i go shopping maybe it will hold the bags in place.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I've got the big beefy metal one and I never even use it. I might put it up for sale in the Swap Meet section.

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
syndicate said:
I've got the big beefy metal one and I never even use it. I might put it up for sale in the Swap Meet section.
metal one?

·
on line
623 Posts
NyCXterra said:
Came with the X but the very same day took it out because i thought it was a waste of space. Does anybody actually use theirs?
how much does that thing cost? i hate having my groceries just slide all over the place. just bought this from one of the other guys on the forum:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/88/01/f10b_12.JPG

If you plan on selling that, let me know. thx
________
Marijuana bubbler

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
juntao said:
NyCXterra said:
how much does that thing cost? i hate having my groceries just slide all over the place. just bought this from one of the other guys on the forum:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/88/01/f10b_12.JPG

If you plan on selling that, let me know. thx
the net dont really do anything while driving though it does prevent things from falling out when you open the hatch.. i will take some pix of the organizer tomorrow because mine looks a bit different than the one online

·
on line
631 Posts
NyCXterra said:

mine came with the X too, now it sits in my room and organizes my laundry... very useful indeed haha

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
driver X said:
NyCXterra said:

mine came with the X too, now it sits in my room and organizes my laundry... very useful indeed haha
haha :bounce: :cheers:

·
on line
384 Posts
NyCXterra said:
That is precisely why I did not order one. I knew it would just be in the way. Besides, I love the surprise you get when you open the back after going to the grocery store! Half the time, we have the dogs in the back and it would just be in there way. Floor mat and cargo net are good enough for me.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
I got one w/ my X, too, and thought it would be great. Indeed, it does hold groceries very well, and probalby a good organizer for other stuff. On the down side, it needs to be screwed to a sliding mount in the cargo tracks on each side. When loosened, the gadget can be slid for or aft. If it is in place, you cannot lift the floor to get to the covered cargo area. Must remove the thing. If you remove it, you have to put your cleats in the cargo track and slide them all the way for or aft to trap the bracket that the organizer screws into against the end of the track. If not, each time you accelerate or stop, the bracket slides along inside the cargo track. Extremely annoying. Also, this limits where you can put your cleats when the organizer is removed because unless they are trapped against the farthest travel point, they will slide around. I would sell mine, but I can't get the bracket out of the cargo track on the right side. I unscrewed the one on the left to clean out the track (some grit was in there) and I could then take the bracket out of that track, but Nissan hogged down on the screws on the right side and I can't unscrew the track from the floor. Afraid I will strip the head of the screw unless I can find a way of loosening it. Would try a torch, but afraid I might melt something or worse.

·
on line
14 Posts
organizer

It's a piece O crapola! I took mine out day two of owning my Xterra.

I celebrated one week ownership last week. Man, I love this vehicle!

Shrockworks Sliders are on the way (ordered before I took delivery on the Xterra!).

Cheers,

Scott T

SE Portland Oregon
'07 Red Xterra Off Road

·
on line
244 Posts
buxwheat said:
I got one w/ my X, too, and thought it would be great. Indeed, it does hold groceries very well, and probalby a good organizer for other stuff. On the down side, it needs to be screwed to a sliding mount in the cargo tracks on each side. When loosened, the gadget can be slid for or aft. If it is in place, you cannot lift the floor to get to the covered cargo area. Must remove the thing. If you remove it, you have to put your cleats in the cargo track and slide them all the way for or aft to trap the bracket that the organizer screws into against the end of the track. If not, each time you accelerate or stop, the bracket slides along inside the cargo track. Extremely annoying. Also, this limits where you can put your cleats when the organizer is removed because unless they are trapped against the farthest travel point, they will slide around. I would sell mine, but I can't get the bracket out of the cargo track on the right side. I unscrewed the one on the left to clean out the track (some grit was in there) and I could then take the bracket out of that track, but Nissan hogged down on the screws on the right side and I can't unscrew the track from the floor. Afraid I will strip the head of the screw unless I can find a way of loosening it. Would try a torch, but afraid I might melt something or worse.

All you have to do is pop off the plastic piece in the top right corner, slide out the metal bracket and then pop the plastic piece back into place.

·
on line
6 Posts
I keep my organizer in whenever I'm driving around the city. It works great for groceries, running errands, and even holding large boxes or packages in place (just fold the front side down). But to lug any long pieces of furniture or lumber or that kind of thing you have to remove it. I also have the "divider" which is the heavy duty bars. I probably won't be using the divider much, but I didn't think that through too well when I got it. I wouldn't mind selling it if anyone is interested. It's still in the crated box - unopened.

·
Read Only
656 Posts
dirt36 said:
All you have to do is pop off the plastic piece in the top right corner, slide out the metal bracket and then pop the plastic piece back into place.
Ended up taking and impact driver w/ a Phillip's bit, smacking it one good time on each screw, and they came out. So brackets are removed and sitting w/ the cargo organizer in the garage. All ready to be put on the Swap Meet Forum

·
on line
1,479 Posts
too bad i already bought one, it came today!!

·
on line
239 Posts
I bought a weather tec rubber floormat for the back and things don't slide around anymore. I just bought the privacy flap on ebay. I'm looking forward to having that since I keep a lot of expensive stuff in the back. Does anyone use their roll up privacy flap? I'd love to see pics. I wasn't going to buy it until I saw it on ebay for half price the other day.

·
on line
239 Posts
I've always liked the brick red Xterra. On a side not I always tell my friends that the Xterra drives like a giant brick : ) It's solid!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts