Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Who sent you? Did AutoGuide send you?
But of course, I'm sure they did.
carid is a supporting vender. so they pay to support this site specifically
They may; however I would more likely believe that they're somehow partnered with AG, or owned by the same parent company or have some ad-sharing agreement to be featured on all (or a portion) of AG's forums ... here's the thread from when they first were announced as a 'supporting vendor': http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64230.

Interestingly, it's the only other thread in their vendor sub-forum.

As a bit of an experiment, I'm going to ask the following here, rather than in it's own thread or do the (admittedly very simple) research myself - I'm curious what, if any, the response will be ...

To any representative of CarID: do you even carry wheels specifically for the Nissan Xterra (or even the Nissan F-Alpha platform, which includes the Frontier and Pathfinder)? It happens to be a relatively obscure hub bolt pattern at 6 on 4.5" ... and a pretty narrow stock rim (at 7.5" or so), though the width is less of an issue and most aftermarket rims are admittedly wider than that.

Incidentally, lest this post come off as overly critical (which it may, unfairly, be) ... this is a very generous offer, at face value. While I am happy with my current wheels and do not need another set; I do hope that if it's a legit giveaway, that someone from this site is the winner.

·
Vendor
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're so happy to announce our wheels giveaway winner! After filtering through numerous entries, the winner has been chosen. And the prize goes to Matthew Szalaj! Congratulations Matthew! Thanks to all the people who followed CARiD and left the comments! Have happy holidays and stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
We're so happy to announce our wheels giveaway winner! After filtering through numerous entries, the winner has been chosen. And the prize goes to Matthew Szalaj! Congratulations Matthew! Thanks to all the people who followed CARiD and left the comments! Have happy holidays and stay tuned!

You guys spelled my name totally wrong. :)

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Carid - *EDITED DEROGATORY COMMENTS*.

What is your issue or bad experience with CarID? Please tell me because I notice you going well out of your way anytime that they post to be an ass to them. They are a sponsor of this website. If you don't like what they post, just ignore it. However, when you say the stuff that you do, it makes the rest of us look like ignorant assholes instead of proud owners. Think about that the next time you decide to be a keyboard bully.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
What is your issue or bad experience with CarID? Please tell me because I notice you going well out of your way anytime that they post to be an ass to them. They are a sponsor of this website. If you don't like what they post, just ignore it. However, when you say the stuff that you do, it makes the rest of us look like ignorant assholes instead of proud owners. Think about that the next time you decide to be a keyboard bully.

I've had nothing but bad experiences with them and getting ripped off. I caution those that want to do business with them. Customer service sucks big time. Think calmini if you want to know specifics. Don't count on your money back either without hassle.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I've had nothing but bad experiences with them and getting ripped off. I caution those that want to do business with them. Customer service sucks big time. Think calmini if you want to know specifics. Don't count on your money back either without hassle.

I can understand your frustration then, but that would be best suited in a thread that talks about the specific issues (similar to the PRG and Xoskel threads). This would help warn everyone about potential issues and give specifics so that it doesn't just look like you are pissed off about the changes on this site.

·
Registered
591 Posts

How you going to call someone out for being out of line when you, yourself are hurling insults? You make no sense.

And sponsor or not, that doesn't give them the right to give people bad service. And i am dealing with them now, so I know:angry5:

I ordered headlights that were supposed to be in stock but it turns out they are not in stock, but yet they are still listing them as in stock on their website. :violent1:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
How you going to call someone out for being out of line when you, yourself are hurling insults? You make no sense.

And sponsor or not, that doesn't give them the right to give people bad service. And i am dealing with them now, so I know:angry5:

I ordered headlights that were supposed to be in stock but it turns out they are not in stock, but yet they are still listing them as in stock on their website. :violent1:

Hurling insults? That's a little strong don't you think? His initial comment came off as him being an ass. I know that, he knows that, anyone that read it knows that. I have no problem with him expressing his issues with a sponsor. We do that in multiple threads on this website. However, his first post didn't state why or how he was having an issue with CarID and that was my issue that I chose to call out. If CarID needs a thread, you are more than welcome to start one and we as a forum will try to ensure that you are taken care of. However, that wasn't what was initially done here.

·
Registered
504 Posts

I ordered the headlights too, over a month and a half ago ... and they were supposed to ship yesterday but they didn't

·
TNX Administrator
19,694 Posts
We need a history of problems effecting many members. So far we got two. If that was a requirement for a red flag, then every vendor on this site needs to be red flagged!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hurling insults? That's a little strong don't you think? His initial comment came off as him being an ass. I know that, he knows that, anyone that read it knows that. I have no problem with him expressing his issues with a sponsor. We do that in multiple threads on this website. However, his first post didn't state why or how he was having an issue with CarID and that was my issue that I chose to call out. If CarID needs a thread, you are more than welcome to start one and we as a forum will try to ensure that you are taken care of. However, that wasn't what was initially done here.

Did you not call him a keyboard bully or warrior? That would be an insult. And your right, I didn't read his initial comment for it has been deleted.

I ordered the headlights too, over a month and a half ago ... and they were supposed to ship yesterday but they didn't
Sad to hear I am not the only one with this issues, did they give you a ship date? They said the headlights were in stock and would ship out 3 days from the order date, then the day they were supposed to ship out they tell me they are on back order. And if you are telling me that you ordered over a month ago that means they knew about this for a long time.
The shadiest part is that they are still listed as in stock on their website and that's whats messed up. I do not care that they are on backorder, just don't lie to me and tell me they are in stock

We need a history of problems effecting many members. So far we got two. If that was a requirement for a red flag, then every vendor on this site needs to be red flagged!
Quality over quantity my friend. One bad cases triumphs 10 minor cases as this typically dictates what path that vendor is headed down.
For example, if the you would have flagged them based off of the headlights being listed as in stock issue I would have never gotten burned by their antics. And all im asking is that they put on their website that the headlights are on back order.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sad to hear I am not the only one with this issues, did they give you a ship date? They said the headlights were in stock and would ship out 3 days from the order date, then the day they were supposed to ship out they tell me they are on back order. And if you are telling me that you ordered over a month ago that means they knew about this for a long time.
The shadiest part is that they are still listed as in stock on their website and that's whats messed up. I do not care that they are on backorder, just don't lie to me and tell me they are in stock
The only reason i ordered form them is because they assured me that the item was in stock ( I actually live chatted with them and asked before placing the order) and all the other places were out of stock.
And I told them like twice that the item was shown as in stock when in fact it isn't but I guess they don't care...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts