Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got campsite reservations for the Dollhouse, Panorama point and 2 other sites.

45 mile dirt road to entrance then 40 miles of 4WD roads to the dollhouse. Stars should be amazing. 5 days total.

Late March so the weather may be ideal. First real test of the RTT and the orbit eyes on my rear leaf springs.

Was last there in the mid 1980s in a Toyota land cruiser. Back then no reservations needed and no reserved campsites. A few more people have discovered it since those days!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I want to hear about those campsites and the orbit eyes, and your RTT experience afterwards. With photos of course.
How long was your wait for Alcans and which specs?

Always a great time in that area!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Nice. I think the Maze and the Needles districts are my favorites at Canyonlands. It's one of those parks that you can go a dozen times and see different things every time.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be getting the Alcan rear leafs and orbit eye installed by Alcan in Grand Junction, CO the day before we head to the Maze. RTT gets installed here the next few days--but the Maze will be the first multi-day experience with it (Baroud evasion) .

Alcan could have had them to me sooner, but I opted for them to do the install since this is the first x to get orbit eyes--better done there if there are unanticipated installation challenges. New rad-flo rear shocks at the same time.

Pictures for sure.

This trip is a good excuse for me to get some sherpas from RoxTerra for extra fuel and water. I think those sherpas add a lot of functionality and capacity to the x--maxtraxs, fire extinguisher, fuel and water!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts