Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking on nissan's website and aparently there is a Auxilary audio input and ipod interface for the se modle due the the rockford stero system and i cant find them. can anyone who knows of this please tell me and possibly post pics of where they are it would be a great help

thanks
brett

·
on line
298 Posts
Are you sure you have the RF system? The ipod interface may not be there, but if you do have the RF, the aux is. How many "ciggarette lighters" do you have on the dash? If one, you have no RF. The aux inout is marked as such and is in lieu of one of these power points. Its pretty obvious, which is why I question your having the RF system at all.

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have two lighters on the dash one in the little cargo bin in the middle and one in the back and yes i have a rf system i thought the input was just a regular audio input like that you would put head phones in ooooooopssss

·
on line
298 Posts
It IS a 1/8 Stereo jack. It goes in place of one of the lighters on the dash. If its not there, and there is a Rocksford Fosgate logo on your stereo, I'd go to the dealer and ask why no input. Is there is Sub under the driver seat and an amp under the passenger seat?

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry i didnt replay earlier yes there is a sub and a amp in the location you said i knwo what kind of system i have it is the rocksford

·
on line
3,592 Posts
My SE " X " has the IPOD Jack, just above the ( always HOT Cig outlet).

its head phone style hook up, with light Green around the jack.

On radio, to use it. I switch to AUX, that will allow the IPOD, Or XM to pipe straight into the Radio speakers system.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
OOP's mine is not green.. the plug I used to go inside the AUX socket is Green.

The socket is stamped AUX.

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i know i thank you for the help its just i have been trying to find this thing for three days now and im getting frustrated im just going to call the dealer and see whatsup cus i have no idea once again thank you for the help

·
on line
35 Posts
Is it possible she has an older Next Gen. I have an 05 SE "X" with RF system and I too do not have the jack near the lighter or the cord in the glove box. I'd really like to figure this out so I can get rid of the FM modulator.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I thought aux input jacks were pretty much standard after 06 or 07.

Is it possible she has an older Next Gen. I have an 05 SE "X" with RF system and I too do not have the jack near the lighter or the cord in the glove box. I'd really like to figure this out so I can get rid of the FM modulator.
You can add in a PAC unit which will give you 2 aux inputs. I had to do this to my 05..

·
on line
3,285 Posts
The Aux jack started in '07. The RF stereos on the 05-06 didn't have the Aux jack. Luckily, PAC makes an aux adaptor that plugs into the RF stereo, so you can connect your IPOD, Sat, etc.

Here is a thread on the PAC adaptor:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1884&highlight=IPOD+jack

Special thanks to Xterrock. I've had my IPOD connected for almost a year, and it still sounds great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this thread is SUPER old... but will this also work for an iTOUCH (newer 3gs version)???

I have an 05 SE with a Rocksford Fosgate headunit (no aux inlet).

I have an Alpine headunit of my F-150 with an iPOD cable. When I plug in my iTOUCH, it doesn't do anything, but everything works fine with my older iPOD. So, I'm a bit concerned about buying this PAC device and having it not work on the RF headunit. Any help is appreciated.

·
on line
2,306 Posts
The pac unit doesnt use an ipod cable, as AZ-Ted mentioned. So it will work with ANY audio device, including phones and such. The ipod isnt controlled by the head unit like it is with actual IPOD adapters.

So yes, it will work with your iTouch, as long as your iTouch works with headphones...lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts