Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be great if we could get together some 1st and 2nd gen Xterra owners for a day of wheeling in the new year. I thought we could head up the Harrison Forestry Road on January 5th, 2008 and explore.
There has not been any Xterra runs that I know of in the Vancouver area.

Is there anyone interested? :cyclopsani:

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there are Xterra owners on this site that live in the lower mainland!!
Where are you? :bounce:

·
on line
191 Posts
I might be interested in some fairly light wheeling.

I have a 2006 Xterra S with very minimal modifications (fog lights, seat covers, etc...) :alien:

Anyone else possibly interested?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh HAZMAT,
It would be great. Harrison Forestry Road is fairly tame. I have gone camping up that way a couple of times in the summer. Haven't done the trip in the winter though. I have a few mods, but I am not hardcore. My X is my daily driver as well. I owe too much money on it to destroy it on the trails.

I jst think it would be great to start getting some Xterras together every once in a while. Meet some new people that have some things in common.

Hopefully a couple others will want to join!!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have sent a PM to about 6 or 7 people that are on the site and have Vancouver as there home. Hopefully there will be some replies!!!

·
on line
191 Posts
Great, sounds like a good idea. Hopefully some others will also be interested.

Have you tried posting on one of the other web sites that caters more to the first generation Xterra owners to see if any of them would be interested in joining ?

·
on line
59 Posts
Darn....for the next couple of weekends in January, I'll be busy down in Washington to help my father move into a new apartment. Sounds like a great idea though. Maybe I'll make it for a future trip down the road. I too, can't afford to do any harsh wheeling (I'm leasing my X). It'll also be interesting to be the token asian guy on the trip :cheers: . I'm guessing Harrison Forestry Road is near Harrison Hot Springs? I wouldn't know, as I usually only go camping around cultus lake, stave lake, or up in Squamish.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted on XOC last night.

X-Prophet, I'm not hardcore and only want to go out for the drive and get a little muddy. But would be nice to have some other Xterra owners around in case I get stuck, hahaha.
If we can get some people interested at all, even if it is for a future date, I think it is great. I would actually like to eventually get our own club going!! But will wait and see.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am cancelling this attempt due to lack of trucks. I will repost with a new proposed date near the end of January. Still think it would be great to do!!

·
on line
191 Posts
Hey Bueller,

It's too bad more people were not interested this go around. Perhaps it was just the time of year (holidays) and people were not availible.

When you find out the next possible date let me know and I will check my schedule. I think what your trying to get going is a good idea and I thought that alot more people would have been interested as I see ton's of Xterra's around the Valley.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ton's of Xterra's, but not enough know about this site. I have the decal on my truck to promote the site.
I am looking into other ways to promote.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts