Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just signed on, although I've been on the site often before. I'm a Canadian X enthusiast, and am considering trading in my 05 for an 08 OR. I'm a little sick of Canadian pricing seeming as our dollar is as good as the one down south.

So I'm considering purchasing in the US. I'm researching the site, and getting some good info. In case anyone has first hand experience importing an X into Canada, PM me, I'd love to get the details in case I havent got them down from my own research.

Glad to be aboard and see you guys around!

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts

·
on line
2,125 Posts
hello and welcome to the site... now before u continue be aware that the more u are on this site... the more u will experience an uncontrollable urge to modify ure Xterra :wav: :thumbup: ... now that i have warned u... welcome and enjoy lol... :headbang:

·
on line
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've done a few mods, and know the value of others - like skids, I damaged some flange or other around the Cat this past summer scraping over a rock!!

I'm hoping I can arrange for an American X - I just cant see past the comedy of Nissan here in Canada not doint a thing to address the fact I can save almost $10,000 driving 2 hours into NY state!!!!

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I have a 2005 Xterra "s" that I purchased in 2006. It is a US version the the dealership imported. I saved about $9K over a new 2006 at the time and it had under 10,000 miles on it.
Out here in Vancouver, there are lots of 2007 model year Xterras, Pathfinders, and Armadas on the lots. all have been imported from the US and have some milage on them. Now with the dollar so strong, you can get an 07 Xterra 'S' for about $23K while the 08 'S' is about $35K.
Huge savings, not brand new, but less hassle than importing yourself.

·
on line
1,744 Posts
Always room for another X and happy to see more fellow Canadians. If you have a friend in the US have them buy the X and drive it up north for a visit then 'decide' to sell it to you as a private sale or make a gift of it to you, as you were so kind to provide the $ in the first place. Saves you about $8000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts