Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Can you believe it both diffs

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  offroadterra 
#1 ·
Hey all, Well guess what not only can I say my front diff went but now my Freakin rear diff went. Do I have the luck or what. On my way home from work last week the truck started vibrating real bad so I took in to nissan and they called me today to tell me they ordered a new rear it should be done in a week or two. Somebody please tell me I'm not the only one with an SE with a bad rear or rears.

#3 ·
No water, no nothing they even said the gear oil looked brand new and it has about 20,000 on mobil 1 synthetic. I only have 47,000 the drivetrain warranty is 60,000 + I have the 100,000 mile extended warranty. this one is covered by the factory warranty.

#16 ·
syndicate,
Love that,

geo9974,
Dude that sucks, At 25,000 my rear was replaced. I have the OR though and mine was due to water getting inside. Rear diff breather was done at 1200 miles (when I found this wonderful site full of knowledge). It was too late. LOL

Hope they found out what caused it. Good luck on the new rears.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.