Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,114 Posts
In terms of it fitting into the carrier housing with enough clearance, I don't see why it shouldn't. Not sure if the stock ring and pinion would be a problem.

The issue might be the spline count. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe the spline count of the axle shafts in an Xterra's Dana 44 of 31. Heavy duty Dana 44 axles have 30 spline count shafts.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Find out how many spline the rear axle is (someone on the team should know) and then call AC and find out what the spline on the diff is. The R&P should fit, but again, that is an unsure, should. :)

·
on line
89 Posts
So I am wondering. If you can get a locker to fit in the housing of the rear, why cant some one get some new axles that match the spline. I dont know if I am watching to much Hot Rod TV, but they put new axles in all the time.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Remember that the spool attached to the end of the axle must match the same 6 lug pattern of the new Xterra. There are no aftermarket shafts that have our unique lug pattern.

It is beyond my comprehension why Nissan chose to venture so far from standard axle specifications.

·
on line
89 Posts
Well if I were to be going to those lengths to make it all work I might as well get the Titan bolt pattern, if I could figure out a way to make the front match the back.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Reviving an old thread with a new idea.

Would this work for those of us with the C200 (32 spline)?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT8136.aspx

Or for that matter, what's the deciding factor in prohibiting us from using a 32 spline locker for a Dana 60 or 70?

If it's a stupid question, it's because gears are still in my "learning path".

·
on line
1,479 Posts
ghosttownexplorer said:
"Can this be put in the rear end..."

ummmmmmm..............

sounds like something I asked the wife the other nite.

~Lewis
:sign5:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts