·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
on line
238 Posts
Rockshox

If you were looking for new front strut shocks for your X, Rancho now makes them that fit. I don't have the info to know if they are a longer stroke though. AC caries them for $125 each and they look to be adjustable dampening from the dial on the bottom. I saw them in the 05-06 Deluxe suspension section and by themselves.
I'm also thinking with the Ranchos if you get a longer stroke than replacement suggests you will need to check the angle of the CV joints as to not destroy the front drivetrain.

Dan

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Re: Rockshox

Turtle said:
If you were looking for new front strut shocks for your X, Rancho now makes them that fit. I don't have the info to know if they are a longer stroke though. AC caries them for $125 each and they look to be adjustable dampening from the dial on the bottom. I saw them in the 05-06 Deluxe suspension section and by themselves.
I'm also thinking with the Ranchos if you get a longer stroke than replacement suggests you will need to check the angle of the CV joints as to not destroy the front drivetrain.

Dan
Actually, with the increased travel you have to worry about the stock UCA hitting the shock bucket. You would have to get the TC UCA's before there would be a CV problem.

·
on line
238 Posts
ok, gotcha there on the UCA contact.

Just called Rancho. The replacement struts are stock lenth and do not offer any additional stroke. They will be available in another month or two. They are running behind on release. They are only offering the 9000 adjustable series when released.

Rancho Stock height part numbers:
Front Strut
RS99787
Rear Shock
RS99314

Dan

·
on line
641 Posts
Turtle said:
ok, gotcha there on the UCA contact.

Just called Rancho. The replacement struts are stock lenth and do not offer any additional stroke. They will be available in another month or two. They are running behind on release. They are only offering the 9000 adjustable series when released.

Rancho Stock height part numbers:
Front Strut
RS99787
Rear Shock
RS99314

Dan
:scratch: I thought they were already out:

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=987&highlight=rancho

·
on line
238 Posts
Err, guess the guy at Rancho needed to pull his thumb out of his duppa.

Sexterra, how do you like those over the stock shocks? And did you end up wearing out the stock ones or just wanted a better ride? Do you use the adjustment much between on and off road?

Thanks,
Dan

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I had the regular shocks ('s' model) and they sucked. i changed them just becuase i wanted to have better shocks. I ride on the streets on 5 and If i go off roading i move it up to 7. If I am going on slow really rocky trails (when 4 low is needed) I will put them on 9.

1 is waaaay too soft (too many potholes and speed bumps around)
3 might be good for regular driving but i like 5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts