Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into adding an additional audio auxiliary input into the coin tray above the stereo on top of the dash. This is where I mount my iPhone, and I'd prefer not to have a goofy audio aux cable hanging down to the location of the current aux input (near the cig lighter). But I also want to keep that original one for passenger use.

I'm assuming the HU can't accommodate a second aux input. If that's the case, is there another way to have both the new input and also keep the original one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm looking into adding an additional audio auxiliary input into the coin tray above the stereo on top of the dash. This is where I mount my iPhone, and I'd prefer not to have a goofy audio aux cable hanging down to the location of the current aux input (near the cig lighter). But I also want to keep that original one for passenger use.

I'm assuming the HU can't accommodate a second aux input. If that's the case, is there another way to have both the new input and also keep the original one?
You shouldn't have an issue just splicing into the existing aux port if you're comfortable with that. There's actually items designed to do just this(although I think they're generally used to output one input to multiple outputs for example 1 headphone jack to 2 sets of headphones)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009NEX6SC?pc_redir=1396281144&robot_redir=1
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 2 of 2 Posts