Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of you know, I am having vibration due to my lift and driveline angles. I'm wondering if someone can take a picture of their stock differential/cvjoint angles, zoomed in if possible. Something similar to this thread:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3656 (about halfway down)

Also, if you have one of you lifted vehicle, that could help as well!

Thanks for any help.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I'm willing to help but which differential - I have one in the back and one in the front. :cheese: The front one is buried under armor and that's going to be hard to take pictures of. The rear one is easy enough. I've got 2.5" of lift with AC shackles on the back and springs on the front - and no drive train vibration. The tires are M/T but the same size as the stock off road models.

If you can give me a better discription of what you want pictured I'm willing to crawl under the truck and snap some more shots for you.

All shot from the passenger's side.

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Guess I should have been more clear. The last one is the pic I'm looking for. A profile of the rear diff/driveshaft joint. I'm looking for a closeup angle shot. From the direct side, so I can see the angle of it.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I've got a magnetic angle finder ($4 at Harbor Freight) that I attached to the bottom ridge of the Dana 44. Looks like 15.5 degrees at that point. Click on the picture for a larger image.

·
on line
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really looks like your driveshaft angle is perfectly in line with the joint coming out of the diff. At least by eyeballing the photos. I'm going to take the top photo into photoshop and use the measuring tool to find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts