Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well even though I read what you all said I bought an xterra x model 2wd automatic...I went down to discount tire this morning to buy some wheels and tires for this jewel of a vehicle..Well also being the owner of a ford f250 with a 6inch lift, wheels have never been a problem..I talk to the guy i have bought a bunch of wheels and tires from and decided on the xd series hoss..Well my guy there assured me they would fit no problem..Well lets just say they said nothing would fit after he pulled some strings and had a guy drive across town to another store to pick up these black xd hoss in a 17x9..Now guys heres the questiion? I would like the biggest tire in a 17in and a good looking wheel that will fit...I would also like to do a lift kit as well but not for anything other than looks its my wifes ride..what do you all think would work? He called american racing and they said the black octane will work as well...Nissan wants $ 595.00 for the stock 17inch 6 spoke...please help......

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow you are all so eager to helP!!!!!! I read what you all wrote and not once did any of you mention a single wheel working..I will assume that nothing works..What can i expect for a lift kit in a two wheel drive....can anybody help me out there?????? I will use the steel wheel

·
on line
2,077 Posts
take a better look around, several people are running aftermarket wheels....MC has the predators, sexterra is getting ready to put on some pro comps....there are others too

as for a lift kit, spacer and shackle kit would be good and cheap since you don't seem like it will be wheeled much

·
on line
1,320 Posts
17" wheels that fit are not that hard to come by... it's the 16" that everyone has trouble finding.
As far as lift there's all the options you have for the 4wd's and then some that the 4x4 guys can't do.
There's a sticky in the Suspension section of many lift options. And CST just released their 2wd 4" spindle lift for the X.
You gotta specify a budget when asking about lifts cuz the possibilities are nearly endless.
I have a 2wd with 17" titan wheels, 34" (305/70r17)tires and about 5-6" of lift that cycles around 11" travel front and rear... look below

·
on line
4,495 Posts
MB Motoring Predators and Gunner 6s will fit. Even in 16", Josh over on clubfrontier.org has 16" Gunners on his rig.

New batch ProComps fit also.

There are few options available, but atleast things are coming. My friend over at Texas Trucks Unlimited was on the phone with numerous manufactuers when I was in looking for some wheels. They all knew about the clearance issues.

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the reply I was a little disturbed yesterday spent the whole day going in circles..We had green water off the coast of texas which means this time of year the specks and reds are thick..Could of been fishing had a read a little more of yalls info..Well todays a new day..As for a budget about a grand on a lift would be cool installed...I would like to have something like my tacoma had, some 3 inch coilovers would be killer. I would like something that will stiffen it up but not hit hard.I would maybe even consider a 5inch kit but do not need long travel....let me know

·
on line
3,272 Posts
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2223

This is a sticky on the very forum you posted. Check it out; it has a lot of lift options for your ride and is pretty well maintained.

Hey Campana, if you read this you should shoot the original poster of the sticky a PM so he can include your lift as another option. I dont think I have seen that one posted yet.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Hey Xterminate, I just noticed your in Leauge City...where abouts? I'm right outside of Pearland on SH288. And if you think the water was nice yesterday, you should have been out around San Luis Pass/Freeport on Sunday. I was out to just drive around so I didn't have any gear with me so I wouldn't know how well the fishing was though. I did, however, almost bury my truck out at San Luis Pass. Should have seen the look on people's faces when they saw me shooting sand every where. :)

Anywho...if you want give my friend over at Texas Trucks Unlimited a call, they are located in Pearland. Ask for Roel and tell him Peck said to give him a call. If its wheels your looking for he'll be able to find you some, he can even order MB Motoring which is a Discount Tire "exclusive". He is well aware of the caliper clearance issues. Their website is www.texastrucksunlimited.com and you can either call 1-866-898-7858 or 281-485-7003. Sorry for the shameless plug, but its nice to find a shop that won't gouge you.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
In 16x8s, Pro Comp says 7089s will fit, though I haven't tried them. I posted this several times, but no prob. repeating it. I'm running Pro Comp forged with 3/4" spacers.

I went crazy searching for wheels. The reality is, there are only a few, esp. in what I think is the best size for wheeling the X with 11.5" tires, 16x8. It just plain sucks.

·
on line
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I will give roel a call.I saw the mb motoring wheels, i think it was the predator.. I think i would rather wait and just roll with the steel wheel a while..American racing shows that some of theres will fit 17x9 6- 4.5..I actually saw these on texas trucks unlimited link to american racing...I really want to thank all that have guided me in the right diredtion...I keep moving up in what i want for a lift.... :bigsmurf:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Thanks for the Kuto's on the sweet picture, I actually had to work at it to get that one, I had to clean the X after a day of MOAB, then sneak out before Dawn and wait until the Sun just peeked up and capture that lighting. I even have some better ones taken same day, Naked Cannon PS550 No filters dropped the ISO a Little. Check out the one on this link with the lights on, that is major cool I think.

http://www.shrockworks.com/Nissan-Xterra-Winch-Bumper-Bull-Bar-pr-16153.html

MC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts