Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a guy selling some bilsteins already assembled, and just getting rid of them cause he wanted it more city driving.

can I buy and use them no issue on the X?

·
Registered
589 Posts
As long as the years match. I don't know the years of Frontiers that match up with the Xterra, but I'd assume that anything '05-'15 would work.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Got yah. Maybe I’ll see if he’ll separate them.
Need new shocks all around, but don’t want to assemble the front.
Another option is to remove the assembly yourself and take it to a shop and have them swap everything over. I've done that a few times, the first time they charged me $20 for both, the second they charged $50. That at least saves you some of the $150 assembly charge if you bought them online.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Front should fit - 2nd Gen Fronty and X are the same in front.

How many miles and how old. Honestly anything 3-4 years old wouldn't be worth swapping in even if they were free. The springs start sagging fairly quickly. Unless your on a super tight budget buy new parts, and as mentioned have a shop swap them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, they definitely fit. Rear Frontier 5100s are slightly longer (thus good if you have a bit of a lift). They are exactly the same length as OME Nitrochargers. I was running a full OME kit (Medium duty front springs and rear springs without the HD leaf) and purposely bought Frontier 5100s to replace the rear OME shocks. They rode better than the OMEs, FYI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts