Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
OEM rubber mats are great. I've had them for 7 years and they still look like new, just dirty. Better than most OEM rubbers out there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have some generic ones that I also got from Costco. Pretty heavy duty but mine do slide around both front to back and side to side. I am actually wanting some WeatherTech ones after I saw them in another members X.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I got the Amazon rubber ones where you trim to your liking. Those work fantastic and they're deep enough to keep in all the mud and grime in. They are a perfect fit if you cut them right. The step patterns are unique so they trap all the dirt on the mat. Easily washable too and feels heavy duty. I've had them for 5 years.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Definitely weather tech. They also go partially upwards protecting more than just the bottom portion of the foot well. They are worth it. But as it's been said. Just do the front. The rear one is not so great.

·
Registered
2011 XTerra S Metallic Green
91 Posts
In my previous car, Honda Odyssey I had a set of COSTCO generic ones. Then 5 years ago when I bought my X I, of cause, took with me the old mats. They looked really bad, beige colour was faded, deformed but had the job done. Then cut to fit Wetherteck went on sale in COSTCO so I finally got them. They came only in black , which works for X. Driver side one comes with two grippy thingies so it doesn't slide. I flyfish and drive from one fishing hole to another in my wading boots with clits. The rubber looks great. So if cut to size perform that good I think custom fit is worth it.

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
151 Posts
It depends on where you live and drive. Generic do well for most. For those of us who deal with winter snow and salt-infused slush in winter, and boot-sucking mud in spring, Weathertech or another brand with raised rims are essential

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Alternatively heres a set of nissan mats on ebay. Mid range price.
2005-07 NISSAN XTERRA FACTORY 999E1-KR000 OEM ALLSEASON FLOOR MATS | eBay
I had these in my previous Xterra and they were great. I bought it with them already in, so I don't know how old they were. I pulled them out after an extremely muddy and wet hunting trip and the carpet beneath looked new, the carpet around the edges was basically worn away. They are nice and thick and it would take a lot to wear them out.

The real question is how much is your oem carpet worth to you. Ideally I'd throw weathertech's up front, generic in the back since it rarely gets used.

·
TNX Veteran
4,547 Posts
Am I the only one using husky Liners?
Lund 383080 B Catch It Rear Floormats
Weathertech for the front, husky for the rear. The weathertechs rear seat portion fitment is no Bueno.
I've got Husky front and rear, 1000x worth the CAD$400(?) I paid for them. Rear fits great so I'm surprised more people haven't made that switch, if WT's is as bad as they say.
Any of you got pics of your mats in the rear? I'm sick of the weathertech funneling all water into one spot on the edge of the carpet. In the winter (where it matters the most), it stays wet pretty much indefinitely.

Weathertech on the driver rear - it runs out the back (right side of the pic) and sits in this low spot at the edge near the door

·
Registered
2010 Xterra S
151 Posts
@AlbatrossCafe - I’ve had that issue with multiple vehicles over the years. I get around it by laying a terrycloth shop rag at that spot. At the end of the day I wring all the salty water out of it and swap out a fresh rag for the next day. A pain, but overall I’ve never found better protection than Weathertech

EDIT: I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the rear edge of the front WT mats. My rear seats are always folded down to create more room for the dogs. I have no mats in the back

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
1,241 Posts
I've checked husky website and some nissan OEM sites and I can't seem to find rear mats even available for sale anymore. I might be out of luck anyway
I just bought a set of OEM rubber ones because of all the info I read about the crappy fitment of the rear aftermarket ones. I'll get a picture tonight.

·
TNX Veteran
4,547 Posts
I just bought a set of OEM rubber ones because of all the info I read about the crappy fitment of the rear aftermarket ones. I'll get a picture tonight.
Where did you buy them from? Do you have a link? I was struggling. Pic would be great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Broke down and ordered Weathertech front liners today. Bummed as I search for a rear liner. As someone said last year, Husky is apparently out. Anyone have any suggestions? I currently have factory floor mats that are carpet. Thanks.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts