Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from having holes to slit in (and I can cut these myself), is there really an advantage to go for those $80-100 mats vs. $20 generic ones? I'm figuring rubber is rubber.

Alternatively, is there some midrange option anyone would recommend?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
if you are off pavement or live where you walk through dirt mud or water regularly, then the Weathertechs are well worth their money. They will completely protect your carpet from everything. After an entire pacific northwest winter my carpet underneath is bone dry and perfectly clean.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If i did it over I would get weathertechs for the front only. The misfitting rear is a turnoff. I would solely go with the weathertechs because of the the raised sidewall. However, I bought the OEM mats when I bought the Xterra new. Those bad boys are 10 years old and dont show the mildest sign of wear on the drivers mat, and are truly a great product. But, they dont cover the sides.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
986 Posts
Agreed. WeatherTech front mats. Do not buy the WeatherTech rear passenger mat. It's designed for a Pathfinder and doesn't fit perfectly. They're worth every penny. You're looking more towards $125 for the front mats alone. But, again, money well spent. I hated scrubbing the salt outta my carpets every spring. They caught everything. Carpets still look brand new. Don't go cheap. It'll show.

People sell them occasionally on here, used. Look around for a good used set for a discount. You can make them shine like new again with some WeatherTech mat cleaner/restorer spray that they sell. Or to save a few bucks do like I did and buy some Rejuvenate floor restorer. After your mats you can shine up your hardwood/vinyl/tile floors too!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I bought Nissan all season floor mats off ebay for mine. Roughly $50 and hold up well. My Pathfinder mats held up the 9 years I owned it and they were still in great shape. My Xterra mats are over 5 years and going great. Maybe slightly less coverage up front than the Weathertech but unless things have changed the rear weather tech are a compromise / not designed specifically for the Xterra. When buying the factory match the year of your vehicle. They went from a single mounting hook to a double arrangement. Prices appear to have gone up from 5 years ago - darn shipping. Other suppliers may be out these I simply linked to the first I found.

Scott

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have some generic cut to fit ones (for the most part) like said above they will slide around and really doesn't protect like they should. I wish I would have bought the Weather Tech ones.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Am I the only one using husky Liners? They are made just like WeatherTech. I know people complain about the rear on the WeatherTech but I can not comment on the fitment of those. I can say that the Husky Liner rear seals to the door when it is closed, not sure if that is the same with WeatherTech but it does look like a gap when the door is opened but once closed nothing gets past the rear floor mat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Am I the only one using husky Liners? They are made just like WeatherTech. I know people complain about the rear on the WeatherTech but I can not comment on the fitment of those. I can say that the Husky Liner rear seals to the door when it is closed, not sure if that is the same with WeatherTech but it does look like a gap when the door is opened but once closed nothing gets past the rear floor mat.
I've got Husky front and rear, 1000x worth the CAD$400(?) I paid for them. Rear fits great so I'm surprised more people haven't made that switch, if WT's is as bad as they say.

Rubber/generic mats are pointless IMO. Why spend money on something that is still going to let all the mud/ice/water slosh around onto the carpet?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I've got Husky front and rear, 1000x worth the CAD$400(?) I paid for them. Rear fits great so I'm surprised more people haven't made that switch, if WT's is as bad as they say.

Rubber/generic mats are pointless IMO. Why spend money on something that is still going to let all the mud/ice/water slosh around onto the carpet?
Wow you guys in Canada really get charged more for everything I paid $139 USD for front and rear. Forget how lucky we are when it comes to purchasing things. But yes I love the Husky Liners for the Xterra.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up a full set of OEM mats on eBay for $60. Got them in 2 days. They were a little faded but some glycerin brought the black back, good as new.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,227 Posts
I bought some generic cut-to-fit from Costco for about $15 a few years ago. Originally had em in my Subaru Forster and moved em to the X when I bought it. They don't slide because I cut some holes into them so the posts would keep them in place. They work good enough for me but I don't live in a rainy, snowy, salt-laden environment.

·
on line
510 Posts
another vote for Weathertech - they can even drain right out the door since the X doesn't have a big "lip".

My wife, who is not truck-ish at all, insisted on having them for her Santa Fe.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts