Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my lights installed right behind the gearbox, moved one of the cross bars right behind it. is it possible to put a yakima rack up there now or will i need to remove the lights? i think i may need another crossbar though

________
Park Royal 2 Condo

·
on line
1,884 Posts
If you are asking about a cargo rack then just put the lights on the rack and use the existing crossbars to hold the cargo rack. If you are adding a bike rack or other type rack then yes, you will need another crossbar most likely.

·
on line
615 Posts
If you are getting the loadwarrior....those will more than likely have to be move...you might be able to fudge the factory bars back enough so that the windscreen on the yak sits behind them, but i have no clue

·
on line
15,651 Posts
As long as you go with the short basket, you might be able to fit it on without moving the lights. You will need another cross bar though.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
thats a good idea for lights, definitely let us know how it works out with a rack

·
on line
366 Posts
I think you can fit it like that with the normal loadwarrior. You can have the rack hang off the back of the x as much as you want, from what I remember, so even the extension on the loadwarrior might work. You will need to get another bar to hold the front of the rack though.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
mudpuppy000 said:
I think you can fit it like that with the normal loadwarrior. You can have the rack hang off the back of the x as much as you want, from what I remember, so even the extension on the loadwarrior might work. You will need to get another bar to hold the front of the rack though.
You probably don't want to hang it off to far for fear of contacting the rear door when it's open...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts