Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a guy selling a roof cargo rack for $100.
I'm looking for a load warrior but I emailed the guy and he's not sure if it's the load warrior or not.

It was on the pathfinder when he bought it. I just emailed him to find out the dimensions but can anyone tell from this picture if it is a load warrior and if those two rungs that look like they are bent up are supposed to look like that.

It doesn't come with the bike racks.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Its a load warrior and it has extra parts to it. That thing in the middle of it that is attached to the bottom is part of the attachment to add a spare tire to the rack (it is missing a piece that holds the tire down but doesnt come standard with the rack) And the long bar that goes across side ways isnt standard either i think it might be part of the load warrior extension (to make the basket bigger). I could be wrong about that because the basket doesnt look larger than normal. The other bar that goes long ways looks like its a kayak or bike rack (also not standard with the load warror)

·
on line
1,884 Posts
It may be the Megawarrior which comes with an accessory cross bar....

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I emailed him for dimension so I'll probably hear from him tomorrow.

For $100 I'll take it. Only weird thing is the guy only wants payment through paypal. I've heard this is safe but it just seems weird. Could he take my money and run? I've heard paypal will investigate if he tries but I really don't want to mess around with any of that crap.

I emailed the guy and asked him if he will accept cash since I do have to go there to pick up the rack.
We'll see.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
well if he wants to take your money and run he can, but millions of dollars of transactions go through pay pal every day. It is awesome once you start doing it, you just have to get used to it. And yes there is a way to track who sent and recieved the money if someone gets ripped off, because each person registered to pay pal must give alot of information. Plus I dont think this guy would try to rip you off for only $100.
Also if he has a e-bay account you can check his feedback and see how many things he has sold and what people think of his service.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
js479 said:
For $100 I'll take it. Only weird thing is the guy only wants payment through paypal. I've heard this is safe but it just seems weird. Could he take my money and run? I've heard paypal will investigate if he tries but I really don't want to mess around with any of that crap.
Pay through paypal with your credit card. :) That's what I do.

That way if something does happen and Paypal doesn't back you, you can always go back through your credit card for the money.

I've had to do it a couple times and it worked like a charm. Because then Paypal is out the money and they will go after the guy to get it.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Paypal fucked me over once - But it was when I was selling something to someone, rather than buying. They are always on the side of the buyer it seems, so you should be fine.

Basically a guy ordered a Bose Wave Radio from me, then paid me the $270 by Paypal. I shipped it to him, then he tells Paypal that it was damaged and wants his money back. So I say - Fine, send it back to me and I will refund the money. The funny little scamming fucktard sends me a letter by registered mail - Just a regular letter. Then he goes to Paypal with his proof of delivery for the letter and they refund his money. Even tho I told them all along that he didn't return what he purchased - They don't care. He sent them bogus proof of delivery - so as far as they are concerned it was good.

So if you ever want to scam someone on Ebay - There's the perfect scam right there. As he lived in Florida and I lived in AZ, there wasn't much I could do. Probably used a bogus name or somethin anyway.

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ouch - that sucks.

I emailed the guy and he said I could pay cash. He was just trying to weed out the window shoppers.

It's all a go I'm just wanting to hear back from him when i can go pick it up.

·
on line
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my Rack

I went and picked up the rack today.

It turns out to be a MegaWarrior!!!

Holy crap this thing is HUGE!!

I threw it up on the X to see if it will fit and it looks like it will. It looks like it had a tire on it and was in an accident. The two rungs that hold the tire carrier on were bent up and forward, and there were others bent down and forward (I guess from the tire?) and the load cross bar was bent forward too.

I took it all apart and beat it with a hammer. It looks pretty good now.
I just washed it and as soon as it dries I'll throw a coat of paint on it.

I'll post some pictures once I get it on the X.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
RogueClimber said:
It may be the Megawarrior which comes with an accessory cross bar....
I may be a smart ass but it doesn't mean I am dumb...

Glad to hear you gat a great deal on a great rack! :cheers:

·
on line
112 Posts
I'm willing to bet that the person driving forgot about the clearance issues when you have a tire up top... my MegaWarrior looks exactly the same as that one after my buddy drove it through a parking ramp with the tire up top. It sheared my cross bars right off, and bent up the rack a bit. Not a big deal though... still works just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts