Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had enough lift for 35's could you run them without tearing up things? I'm talking about street driving only.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I know boondox runs 34's.

The rear axle can handle it, but I would question the front diff.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running Nitto Tearra Grapplers 295/75/r16 which measure 33.5" I've got a 3"lift and getting another 3" BL in the spring. I might try it and see what happens I guess it would really just be a weight issue.

·
on line
369 Posts
I'll be running fiberglass front fenders along with the custom long travel suspension I'm putting together. I'm planning on purchasing the fenders soon. Due to the size and weight of 35's, the Titan front diff swap is still very intriguing to me. I just need to figure out which wheels to get...

·
on line
369 Posts
I have decided that I will probably be running custom steel wheels with the 35's. The only issue is rear fender contact, hopefully fiberglass fenders will solve that but I'm not sure. I've contacted Hannemann about pictures of their fenders for the new X's.

·
on line
369 Posts
muzikman said:
With the rear door, how do you plan on running fiberglass rear fenders?
With the proper rim backspacing. PonyBoy was able to stuff 36's in the rear with no fender modifications.
I'm thinking about a possible spring-over axle conversion for the rear. Just have the factory spring perches cut off and after market ones welded on top of the axle. Then flip the U-bolts. Any thoughts on this as opposed to new spring packs?

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd love to do a spring over axel too. How hard do you think it would be. I have a 3" lift now and it looks like my rear is a little lower than my front. I really want to get that fixed.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
ewwww, well, guess it depends on what kind of wheelin you're doing... if you're in the rocks and stuff spring over is good but if your're looking for speed in the sand/dunes keep it spring under.
the articulation lets Ponyboy stuff his wheels; if you were to attempt to get both wheels to stuff vertically (like when pre-running) they would smash the rear bad.

·
on line
369 Posts
Yea I like the rock crawler type wheeling so SOA is a good choice for me. PB also suggested extending the bumpstops, but I fail to see why that would change anything at all. The axle is still going to stuff the same, a little less actually because now you will have the spring pack in between the axle and bumpstop. I'll post some pics to prove how easy a SOA would be on our X's, or you can just crawl under yours and see for yourself.
EDIT: Upon further examination it is obvious that the bumpstops WOULD need to be extended, along with most of the cables attached to the rear axle.

·
on line
641 Posts
rs182 said:
muzikman said:
With the rear door, how do you plan on running fiberglass rear fenders?
With the proper rim backspacing. PonyBoy was able to stuff 36's in the rear with no fender modifications.
I'm thinking about a possible spring-over axle conversion for the rear. Just have the factory spring perches cut off and after market ones welded on top of the axle. Then flip the U-bolts. Any thoughts on this as opposed to new spring packs?
I think ponyboy had to get new spring packs 'cause stock ones were sagging too much due to the extra stress of the SOA.

·
on line
576 Posts
Yes, I did have to get new packs, even with the AALs. But i was trying to compensate for 8-9" of lift in the front. However, your springs will sag soon than later with the SOA.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts