Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
on line
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clown: Some of you may remember a thread I had on the trailer, that I'll be ordering before the end of Sept--

--It's pretty much a custom job and now I've got a picture of one, with a jeep, because TENTRAX hasn't made one for an Xterra --YET---

--Here's the picture--

[/URL]
[/img]

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,340 Posts
mcampana said:
http://www.adventuretrailers.com/trucks.html
That TRUCK CONVERSIONS is cool.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
XVTer said:
That thing's pretty bad a$$. I've never seen anything like that on the roads.
me niether. I think the cost keeps most people away and not to many people need a hardcore trailer since they only go to a state park.

I am awaiting Jimbo's pics of the X and trailer in the middle of no where parked on a rock :geek:

·
on line
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
- :clown: -Good morning, I just got some updates on my trailer construction and I thought I'd bring everybody up to speed--

--

--

--

-

--Tentrax hasn't got much more time this week, to work on it, because they are getting ready for the trip to Pomona, for the OFF-ROAD EXPO--

-- :geek: :geek: --cHEERS--jimbo

·
on line
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:clown: --Yes sir , it's all fiberglass, with SS fittings/brackets/hydraulic lifts/powdercoated frame-structure/3M protective vinyl/1400 lb Torflex axle/3500 lb Hubs&bearings/lift kit/off rode pkg-ie:-std hitch and Luette ring for Pintle hitch--

Muzikman said:
Is that a fiberglass tub?
--The complete trailer weighs--600 lbs

·
on line
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update

:clown: --Here's the latest on my trailer construction, just waiting for the HUB adapters, for Xterra bolt pattern--

--

--Probably another 1/2 weeks--

·
on line
1,361 Posts
very cool, I can't wait for the action shots of this thing on the trail and with it all set up.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Cool.

Just curious, what are you going to keep in it? I find the back of the X to be plenty of room for camping gear...even the way the ex GF use to pack. :)

·
on line
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:clown: -Yea Muzik, you're right, you can pack a hell of alot of crap in the back of the X and we did for almost two years--

--But camping in the Sierras - going from lake to lake to stream and sleeping in the back of the X, it's a real pain loading and unloading ALL THE TIME--

--With this little sucker, we can go all over, with the BED ALREADY MADE IN THE X !!!

--I also carry canoe/floater and I'm not to fond of carrying stuff on top the X, Pine trees, brush, Eagles, Condors-you know

--Oh, I'll keep it in my garage, just back in and unhook it, if I need to--

--Even loaded, it'll probably weigh about 1000lbs total--

--KEWL---JIMBO

·
on line
381 Posts
sweet trailer... i would love something like that. I'm thinking about getting a M416 or M101 (military trailer), and start modifying it for camping and trails. maybe I'll hold out and save for a tent trax

·
on line
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:clown: -You know KXT- Of course, I thought of the same thing, one of my sons has two of the old Mil trailers (striped) but even then , basic they weigh 1400 lbs and have only mil. fittings--

--They were good for Korea, but not for COMFORT !!!

--With this Tentrax, you have both std hitch and Luntel/Pintel (mil) hitches, can't beat it--

1 - 20 of 54 Posts