Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of people on from Florida (or at least S. Florida) but I'll take a shot in the dark here. Any good places to camp in Florida? Maybe beach camping? I'm from northern VA and we had plenty of primitive camping sites in the mountains and things, but I can't really find a cool place to go in Florida.

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
marriage and family obligations sent me down to florida,but i cant complain about living in west palm. I grew up in Woodbridge and went to college and spent most of my time in fairfax. Im a northern virginia kid.

·
on line
1,681 Posts
Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of people on from Florida (or at least S. Florida) but I'll take a shot in the dark here. Any good places to camp in Florida? Maybe beach camping? I'm from northern VA and we had plenty of primitive camping sites in the mountains and things, but I can't really find a cool place to go in Florida.
I'm a Florida boy, born and raised, so i've been camping around here a few times. Since it's the summer, it's not really the best time to camp, but if you are up for it, here's 2 of my favorites. Been a while since I've been camping around here.

Johnathon ****enson State Park, Jupiter - nice park, some good flat hiking trails, ocean access and river access as well, simple Florida state park. (not to far from WPB)

Bahia Honda State Park, Florida Keys- I really love this park. Right in the Southern part of the Florida Keys, great beach camping, oceankayaking, snorkeling, cycling... good stuff.

There are a lot of state parks, just look online and you'll find some, plus if you go up to the Ocala area, you can find great mountain biking and I think some places to go wheeling, plus camping too.

Good luck

·
on line
1,681 Posts
yeah, the summer is not the time to go camping down here, but hey, once november comes along, its great.

·
on line
278 Posts
LOVE BUGS in the summer (August) suck butt. ;) BK...if you haven't already, check out SXFC.org, as there are quite a few FL members on there. Not sure if they are overly active, but it wouldn't hurt to check 'em out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts