Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for suggestions for trails to drive out to from Denver, preferably just a few hours, then do a mild off road trail, find a dispersed campsite for the night then come home the following day.

Any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got a few spots myself around Idaho springs, and then down around decker's, but always looking for new, hopefully better spots. also out near Buena vista but thats alittle farther.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I know, you know what would be perfect would be a map of colorado with a dot to each trail he has done, and a link to it as well!
He won't do that for several reasons, BUT.... Trails Off Road has a pretty comprehensive collection of trails in the area. Also check out some of the stuff down around Canon City, Oil Well, Seep Springs, and there are others. In the south Park area, north and east of Wilkerson Pass , in the Badger Basin area are some good trails with dispersed camping. Make sure you have MVUM map, you will be given a ticket if you are in the wrong spot.

Also the west side of Cottonwood Pass has some trails and campsites, obviously those are only available during summer & fall months.

·
Registered
224 Posts
He won't do that for several reasons, BUT.... Trails Off Road has a pretty comprehensive collection of trails in the area. Also check out some of the stuff down around Canon City, Oil Well, Seep Springs, and there are others. In the south Park area, north and east of Wilkerson Pass , in the Badger Basin area are some good trails with dispersed camping. Make sure you have MVUM map, you will be given a ticket if you are in the wrong spot.

Also the west side of Cottonwood Pass has some trails and campsites, obviously those are only available during summer & fall months.
this is the answer, i'm just in-addition-to TrailsOffroad research haha.

·
Registered
431 Posts
As mentioned above, Trails Off Road is a pretty good source. I use it in combination with Gaia to find and map trails and camp spots around CO. There are some cool mild trails and dispersed camping all around Ned. Some are doable on snow, but most of the fun trails with camping are closed for the season still, I think.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys! I wasnt actually expecting him to dot that, just more of in " in a perfect world" kinda thought.

but, i appreciate the discussion and suggestions!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ive got a few spots myself around Idaho springs, and then down around decker's, but always looking for new, hopefully better spots. also out near Buena vista but thats alittle farther.
I used to ride out to Deckers on my motorcycle all the time from Colorado Springs. I miss that ride. Hit a deer out there in 2012 and cuddled with it while we slid. I was the big spoon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts