Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i called my local les schwab and they said the only way they will allign my X is for me to install the camber bolts...is there an how to or anyone with pix have the right way to install these things? HELP please...

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you unbolt the old ones, slide them out, and slide the new one in the exact same way. you can do it with the vehicle on the ground, but do one at a time. it's easy as pie!...unless they are rusted in, then some pb blaster and a mallet should do the trick.

·
on line
234 Posts
Just be careful that you tighten by turning the nut NOT the bolt. Eccentrics at 12'oclock, then let the shop do the adjustment.

Have you seen the alignment TSB? If you bitch and moan enough, a nissan dealer may give you the bolts and install for free, or maybe just charge for the bolts.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
willgr1 said:
you unbolt the old ones, slide them out, and slide the new one in the exact same way. you can do it with the vehicle on the ground, but do one at a time. it's easy as pie!...unless they are rusted in, then some pb blaster and a mallet should do the trick.
I just did my camber bolts this morning and no DO NOT replace them with the vehicle on the ground, i learned this to be very dangerous this morning as the strut wants to push down on the LCA, I had to remove the tire and release the spindle to relieve the pressure from the strut. Anyway, i got them in and les schwab alligned my tires this afternoon. :cheers: Im a happy campber now...thanks for everyones help through my first lift/level job.........

·
on line
1,045 Posts
lowhombre said:
willgr1 said:
I just did my camber bolts this morning and no DO NOT replace them with the vehicle on the ground, i learned this to be very dangerous this morning as the strut wants to push down on the LCA, I had to remove the tire and release the spindle to relieve the pressure from the strut. Anyway, i got them in and les schwab alligned my tires this afternoon. :cheers: Im a happy campber now...thanks for everyones help through my first lift/level job.........
Did you do one at a time and see this? I was thinking a bottlenect hack under the part of the LCA where you pulled the bolt would be the best... w/o having to take the wheel off like you said.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the lower strut tends to push down and pull outward, i tried the bottleneck jack and the jack will have the tendency to tip over...give it a shot, but pulling the wheel and un-doing the spindle was my last and safest solution...like bigriver said "Eccentrics at 12'oclock"

·
on line
2,077 Posts
when i did mine i did it one bolt at a time, on the ground. the shock didn't push anywhere, bolt slipped out and new one in. LCA stayed in the exact spot.....thou, now that i think about it, i did have to do one in the air because it was rusted in, but still, all i did was jack it up and take the wheel off. Kept everything else bolted together, and still, no movement.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Where Do U Buy The Camber Bolts?

I have an 08? does my X model have the full adjustable camber bolts?

And What Is The Tsb Number???

-j

·
on line
156 Posts
if you have an 08 and have less than 12,000 miles just take it in to the dealership before the lift and just complain of the car not tracking straight. and "state" you were informed the only proper way to perform an alignment on this vehicle is to install the new hardware. dont try to sound all technical it gets annoying.... trust me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts