Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got some they want to sell? Or wheres the best place to get them??

·
on line
1,407 Posts
If your X didn't have them from the factory the best place to get them is from the dealer, because they are free!

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks slater..you seem as obssessed as me!! Man,do you guys live on your computer??????????

·
on line
3,484 Posts
No, it's a laptop, it lives on me!
There is a TSB on that, so if they give you any grief you have to hold their hand over to the computer and have them look it up. If you still have a problem, just say "Let's get Nissan Customer service on the phone right here and now."

I think that is to say some people have had a problem getting them. In fact, they should not only give them to you but do a free alignment also.

MC

·
on line
240 Posts
I tried to get them and they told me that if the camber wasn't out, they could not supply them under that tsb. So, I don't have them on my vehicle.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
From what i've heard from most people that's the normal response.
If it's not out of alignment or they can get it back into alignment without the cam bolts they won't give them to you.
That said... i hear the dealer is the cheapest place to get them especially if you take the TSB in and show it to them.

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back and got alot of the same..They however,really went the extra mile and the service manager,who little or NOTHING about it said they will get them for me for 12 $..Worth no headache..However,there seems to be 2 with the same part number...WHAT THE HELL DO NEED IN TOTAL?? HELP> One bolt? two? anyone chime in and i will get as many as needed for anyone at that price..

P>S. gave the wife my 06 2x4..Shes surprised!! I got 3 shots over here in east fla.. For 4x4 s .. midnight Armour, Granite, or silver.. Do the s 4x4 come with "Offroad" tires instead of longtrails??

They are at 25900 out the door..I yhink i can do better.. Thanks

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mike...Thats four total either 4x4 or 2?? Explains why each one is cheap(12)..If i put 2"spacers on the s2x4 and it rides with no pulling or braking slop,,still alighnment with new bolts""(No shackles,just front spacers..)??

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Thats four total either 4x4 or 2??
Yup, that's 4... with 4x2 or 4x4.

With the spacers on the 4x2 you should still get an alignment but most have been able to get it into factory spec without the camber bolts.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That! is just wrong! Makes me feel like I have like dealer of the year!
What a jerk! I'd explain this to another dealer and see what he can do. Nissan had to put the non adjustable bolt in there because they ran out. I think it is their responsibility to provide a new set of adjustable bolts at no cost to those that got the non adjustable ones. Oh am I ticked! I know what they can do for you and it will cost them nothing! I can't see why they won't!

If it was me, I'd drive in with
"Before you buy your NISSAN at Joe Dick NISSAN, Ask me about the service AFTER the sale!"
Painted on the back window, Point that out to the ass that denied you and say it goes in vinyl next week! See if that changes his mind!

Or get under there and totally jack up the adjustment, say it wonders all over the road, is unsafe and you are reporting the problem to NTSB. But you need the denial in writting, so print it up will ya?

I would not pay for those bolts! MC

·
on line
80 Posts
The bottom of the TSB states that a claim for alignment bolts can only be done in conjunction with a claim for an alignment.

The warranty only covers 1 alignment in the first year of ownership/~12000miles. Our local club's favorite dealership will do anything for us (service manager is in the club), but he can't give me the bolts for free because I am over the 1 year time frame. I have to pay for them.

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TERDAR..grew up in Pompano Beach and live in Venice Fla. I have been guideing saltwater for 20 years..(Alot of marines as well) They know who captain is on my boat!!LOL. ......By the way..working a deal on my 06 Off Road..looks like i can get it TTTD....25? Almost same as 06 s... We will see..

·
on line
246 Posts
Thought you said east Florida... Venice is nice, I was down there about a month ago (for a wedding...).

When we go out on the watter we usually tool around Tampa Bay, around Biship's Harbor. Do you do deep sea or flats?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts