Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2" spacer and 2" AAL lift I'm about to install on a 2012 Pro 4X.

Two questions:

Do I need Camber bolts for the front?
Will I get UCA Contact?

I know every vehicle is different, but please let me know if it is likely or not. Experiences would help.

Sn0

·
on line
496 Posts
I had a 1.5" OME front on my 2011 Pro-4X, and no UCA contact. I replaced my front springs with HD ones which add another 1/2" to a total of 2", but added a front Shrock bumper which is an additional 100 lbs over stock. I figured I'll be again at 1.5" with the added bumper, but for some reason with the new setup I have slight UCA contact. And I did not need camber bolts, I was able to align with no problems both times. ( I had to replace lower control arms, as they were jammed, but that's a different story ).

·
Registered
676 Posts
  1. Get the bolts, put them in now, get it aligned. Use anti seize, and never worry about a stuck bolt. $40 well spent IMHO
  2. I have PRG 1" Spacers (gives ~1.75" lift) and have CBC offroad. Never hear it on pavement, speadbumps etc.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I had a 1.5" OME front on my 2011 Pro-4X, and no UCA contact. I replaced my front springs with HD ones which add another 1/2" to a total of 2", but added a front Shrock bumper which is an additional 100 lbs over stock. I figured I'll be again at 1.5" with the added bumper, but for some reason with the new setup I have slight UCA contact. And I did not need camber bolts, I was able to align with no problems both times. ( I had to replace lower control arms, as they were jammed, but that's a different story ).
"within spec" on these trucks is quite a wide range for camber. even if I was at stock height I'd almost want to get cam bolts to zero out the camber. we have positive camber in the front stock which wears the tires out bad. idk why the heck they did that, its so stupid....

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
"within spec" on these trucks is quite a wide range for camber. even if I was at stock height I'd almost want to get cam bolts to zero out the camber. we have positive camber in the front stock which wears the tires out bad. idk why the heck they did that, its so stupid....
Fact: when getting alignments tell the shop it's a 2005. The specs are a little tighter than post years and since the 2005s came with stock adjustable cam bolts they will also know to use those to adjust the alignment. Otherwise they won't know to do it. The computer won't show them.
Never knew this til I stood next to the truck as it was aligned in my roommates shop.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
478 Posts
I did that same lift.

I don't know if camber bolts were needed or not but after hearing the difficulties others were having getting them off their older models, I figured I'd throw them on while I was doing the lift. I'll never have to worry about it again when getting an alignment. Get them and be done with it.

Yes, I get coil bucket contact with the 2" spacers. But I also put in the Energy bump stops and I can barely tell it contacts.

By the way, I put in PRG shackles just 6 months after I put in the AAL. The AAL has been on a year and a half now but with the lowest hole on the shackle, it's barely at level rake.

·
on line
496 Posts
why the heck they did that, its so stupid....

I asked for cam bolts since they were replacing both my lower arms, but being under warranty, and the technician being so limited, he could only replace factory with exactly similar, and nothing else.........

·
on line
496 Posts
Fact: when getting alignments tell the shop it's a 2005.

I was doing alignment at dealer, at the same time as replacing my lower arms, so can't tell them any different year, they have your serial and file, and know exactly what year, etc.... probably if I do at an independant shop, I could tell them that.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I asked for cam bolts since they were replacing both my lower arms, but being under warranty, and the technician being so limited, he could only replace factory with exactly similar, and nothing else.........
i didnt mean the guy who fixed your LCA's was stupid, I'm saying nissan was stupid for not putting cam bolts in all of the years after 2005. probably cause theyre cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts