Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok i know if you dont have your rig shrocked out you dont have balls i know. i was looking about both calmini and shrockworks due to i am now in the market for a front bumper due to bambee http://www.thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7337
anyway i was wondering if anyone has a calmini front bumper and what they think of it. i know shrockworks is the best in the business however i do not like the fact about waiting forever to get them and i want to be different from everyone else

if you guys can give me some imput that would kick ass (and not just one sided about shrockworks someone with experience with both)

·
on line
3,272 Posts
there is a guy who has it here that i know of. he is the same guy that has the warn powerplant winch. try doing a search for the winch and you should be able to find him.

bumblebee in the welcome forum has calmini too. i personally like the style but the biggest knocks on calmini are the quality of the paint job and that any winch on a calmini bumper is open and unprotected against theft.

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well at the moment i have no need for a winch nor the funds to get it. do you know if it provides the same amount of protection as the shrockworks???? thanks for the info guys

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there any other front bumper out there besides these two

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Overall, I actually like the design of the Calmini. However, after looking at the pics in this post ( http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3725&highlight=powerplant ) and comparing the Shrock and the Calmini, here are some observations:

1) Both the Calmini and the Shrock are made out of 3/16" and 1/4" plate.
2) Due to the winch mount, looks like the Calmini sticks much farther out in the front vs. the Shrock.
3) Not sure the thickness of the Calmini skid.
4) Calmini makes no provisions for factory fog lights or d-rings. Recovery is left to the stock hook.
5) Calmini has a history of poor powdercoating.
6) From the pics I've seen, it appears you may have to cut a lower portion of the grill when installing the Calmini.

Again, I like the overall design of the Calmini, but think it could use a few improvements. If I ever get around to building mine, it will probably be something similar to the Calmini but tucked in a lot closer into the grill.

Give it a shot... everybody has a Shrock. :geek:

EDIT: LOL, not sure if anybody else has noticed, but when you type S-h-r-o-c-k on the forum, it automatically comes up Shrockworks in your post. How funny.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts