Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my calmini 2 inch spacer/shackel kit but still managed to hit my rocker going down the steps in sedona. I was interested in the calmini sliders. anyone run them? if so how do they perform?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I think boondox runs them. Most run shockworks sliders.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Here we go again - Another thread where everyone can talk crap about Calmini with no actual experience of their sliders! lol.

I know a few folks running their 1st Gen sliders and they like em. Kokopop is right tho - most folks run the Shrock alternative.

Your local AZ Xterra club (azxterraclub.com) has a meeting at Pinnicle Nissan in Scottsdale on Friday Jan 12th at 7pm. If you can make it, come along and you can see a few 2nd Gen X's with the shockworks sliders (Like mine).

(Edited by kokopop, for foul language.)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, lift is not a substitute for armor.

Sliders are sliders. As long as they protect the underside of the rocker panel you are good.

Most people on the board are pro Shrockworks so you won’t find many Calmini users.

The big advantage that I think the Shrock sliders have over the Calmini is the upper round tube that helps protect from side impacts and the fact that it makes a pretty nice step for roof access.

·
on line
335 Posts
shoot...the biggest advantage that shrock has over calmini with the 2nd gens is that they started producing months earlier. its like the bumpers....they've finallly started shipping those

·
on line
2,540 Posts
I had the calmini on my 02 and they worked great. They tucked up nice so you never had to worry about your leg rubbing on them when getting in and out and they were covered in mud.

That is the one drawback to the Shrockworks but that said overall I would say the Shrockworks are better. You get both a step rail and a rock guard at the same time so as long you remember to step out over the step or on them when getting in and out, no worrying about the mud either.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
XterraRookie said:
I was interested in the calmini sliders. anyone run them? if so how do they perform?
Please get them because we've pretty much all got Shrockworks armor and it'd be nice to read some opinions on Calmini from first-hand users. I think all of their products for the X look quality, but since Shrock came out sooner, has awesome customer service, and only positive reviews, it's hard to go with another manufacturer.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Although some call it a step where the Shrock's come out on the side i see it as more protection... you get rocker protection on bottom and shopping cart protection on the sides for when you're mall-crawlin! :cheers:

Man, they sure do make it easy for gettin to stuff on the roof!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts