Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone has installed the calmini performance lift package with the sway-a-way coilovers. suppose to give like 5" of lift. oh and was looking for ones that were 2wd and using the 2wd kit....thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51330&highlight=Calmini+lift

Not necessarily about 2WDs, but you should be able to find most of the answers you are looking for in there. The Calmini kit needs a little adding to it to make it a competitive kit. That being said, many have been successfull running their components combined with other kits so forth and so on. Read through the thread and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well from what i can read is the complaints mainly subside with the cost and clearance..... not looking for offroading package, but more of a show package. have the 2.5" level out kit but kinda want more and 5" seems plenty for a 2wd daily driver. i mean the most i due with off roading is running thru puddles lol. again the truck is more a a show truck that i or the wife i should say enjoys daily and just wanted to added little more stance to it etc.... havent seen any kits for the 2wd over 2.5" until i saw this one from calmini.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
well from what i can read is the complaints mainly subside with the cost and clearance..... not looking for offroading package, but more of a show package. have the 2.5" level out kit but kinda want more and 5" seems plenty for a 2wd daily driver. i mean the most i due with off roading is running thru puddles lol. again the truck is more a a show truck that i or the wife i should say enjoys daily and just wanted to added little more stance to it etc.... havent seen any kits for the 2wd over 2.5" until i saw this one from calmini.
With that in mind, my personal opinion would be that you are fine with what you suggested in the first post. Use the calmini kit but replace those awful spacers with a nice set of coilovers. That kit is not entirely horrible. My biggest complaint with it would be those spacers which you said you are not going to use. You could also replace the leaf springs with Alcans, but that is really unnecessary for what you are planning to do with it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mall crawler or an actual show truck?
Posted via Mobile Device
mall crawler with occasional shows. i try and make it to about 3-4 shows a year, but in the process of revamping it in areas, like the stereo, interior, and figured i check out if andything came out for more lift for the 2wd other than the 2.5" kits.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With that in mind, my personal opinion would be that you are fine with what you suggested in the first post. Use the calmini kit but replace those awful spacers with a nice set of coilovers. That kit is not entirely horrible. My biggest complaint with it would be those spacers which you said you are not going to use. You could also replace the leaf springs with Alcans, but that is really unnecessary for what you are planning to do with it.
if i did the kit it would be with the coilover option.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
curious are there any other 2wd lifts kits out there like this one or similar? i doubt it. also is there a cheaper way to get more lift? like i said i currently have the spacer and rear shackle kit....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are those a direct bolt on to the 05+ xterra? or is there modding required?
what would you run in the rear to level it up?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I forgot about the CST spindles. I don't see why they wouldn't bolt right up. As far as the rear goes, longer shackles and AAL or custom alcans possibly along with shackles. Or go spring over axle. Not sure how much height you get from that though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
searched him and found his build thread..... my only thing is, with the big parts up front and the rear he spent pretty close to the value of the calmini kit. to me if you can get it all in one package with why not do so? idk just a one stop shopper lol.

·
on line
1,358 Posts
searched him and found his build thread..... my only thing is, with the big parts up front and the rear he spent pretty close to the value of the calmini kit. to me if you can get it all in one package with why not do so? idk just a one stop shopper lol.
Its funny because I almost went with the calmini lift, but I didnt like the fact that you would have to cut into the frame for order it to fit. The cst spidles was better in my opinion because its easier to install and you get most of the hight you want.
But I would be curious to know how that calmini kit would work. If you go for it, you have my support :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its funny because I almost went with the calmini lift, but I didnt like the fact that you would have to cut into the frame for order it to fit. The cst spidles was better in my opinion because its easier to install and you get most of the hight you want.
But I would be curious to know how that calmini kit would work. If you go for it, you have my support :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
you mention cutting into the frame....can you be alittle more specific on what's gotta be cut? not like cuttings an issue since I had a s10 that was laid out on air n there was cutting involved there lol. really gotra talk to the wife about this kit.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 29 Posts