Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had the money would you go with the Calmini 5" lift or the PRG 3" lift? I am leaning towards the PRG .

·
on line
1,884 Posts
If I had the money I would go with the SLR 5". If limited in choice most likely the PRG.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
My truck's at SLR right now. But between Calmini and PRG, IMO--PRG. The Calmini kit has lots of components, but I'd rather start with some PRG stuff and mix and match with the shocks. And the TC UCAs that PRG offers are working well for people.

·
on line
641 Posts
paulhood said:
If you had the money would you go with the Calmini 5" lift or the PRG 3" lift? I am leaning towards the PRG .
What would you prefer 5" of lift with a diff drop or 3" of lift w/o diff drop?

With the Calmini you'll get two more inches of lift all around except for the front cross members where you will actually get 2 inches lower than with the PRG, but will keep your half-shafts and steering at a safer angle.

These are two very different setups with different qualities and depends on what you want them for.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Also depends if you're talking about the 3" spacer lift from PRG or the adj. 0-3" Radflo coilovers from PRG.
If only cosmetic, the 3" spacer from PRG is about $1300 CHEAPER than the Calmini lift.
If I wanted a better functional suspension I'd choose the Radflo's from PRG and get more travel and not drop the diff as opposed to the Calmini lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts