Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Oh yeah, there is always the ARB front bumper. Have yet to see one except on the prototype truck. That means I'm counting on you, Mike (mcm900), to provide me with a picture! :)
:withstupid:

Here is the ARB rear bumper. It is the only bumper that you buy that will give bed side protection.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31914

ARB on a black Navara

Not a Iron Bull but you can get the idea what a Iron Bull bumper would look like on a black truck.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
More pic's of an ARB on a black truck.

·
on line
1,340 Posts

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
:withstupid:
Thanks Mike! I knew you'd come threw, even though I got your screen name wrong. :tard:

KMA, and throw some LEDs in it!
Posted via Mobile Device
Was going to PM you Chase, but I may as well ask here. How bright are those LED's on your tire carrier? Worth the upgrade or find a way to mount some better lights?

I can't see jack out the back of my truck at night.

I change my vote. ARB rear.
I love the under bed protection, but the full on shot from the back makes it look...incomplete. Under bed protection = great, over all aesthetics = not so much.

Edit:Here is a pic of the rear bumper. Like I said, it looks incomplete.

I think I'm going to order the KMA rear either this week or right before the new year starts.

And after seeing pictures of the ARB mounted on those black trucks, I think I'm sold on that bumper. Now just to save the $9XX for it. :(

Quick question though Mike, do you know if there is any cutting involved for the ARB? I think I remember reading something like that over on ExPo, but I could be wrong.Edit: Nevermind, found the thread on ExPo. There is cutting involved. Meh. After the first cut, it all gets easier.

·
on line
1,340 Posts

·
on line
1,340 Posts
If you get a KMA rear try to convince him to add some type of bed side protection. Here is my KMA. The guy I bought it from had side protection added.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Absolutely Peck, the LED's are quite noticeable. If anything it will give you added safety in terms of more brake/running/turn/reverse lights to throw at the people behind you - plus they signal faster. Can't go wrong w/ more safety. Here's some shots of my UFO rear end, I mean LED bumper...

Reverse

Reverse w/ running lights

View from camera w/ reverse lights

Daytime running

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That bumper is sexy! To bad everyone I got a quote from down here, that is competent enough to make something, wants like $800+! I understand you have to "pay to play" and that I'm going to spend the cash anyway, but I can't pencil $1600 in the budget just for bumpers. Especially unproven ones.

And Mike, isn't that Mr Plow's bumper...or rather, was?

Chase, you convinced me to get the LEDs...those boogers are bright!

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Yeap that is Plow's old bumper. Give me a great deal.;)

Here is a frontier that has LED's in his KMA.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So I emailed Kyle to let him know I'd be calling him to place my order and 50% deposit, and I immediately emailed me back! At 5:43AM CST. Awesome!

Now, to save for the ARB...

·
on line
14,014 Posts
^Nice! Kyle's a great guy to deal with, reminds me a lot of Greg in terms of customer service and willingness to stay on the phone with you to make sure you get what you want and understand fully what you're buying.

Oh, here's a video of my lights and stuff. I still need to go back and re-wire them so the bumper lights sync to the turn signals. As of now they only work as brakes, running lights, and reverse. This is w/ my old housing reverse LED's, before I upgraded to the high power ones, keep in mind it is MUCH brighter now in reverse.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts