Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in light of the recent calmini discussion, i asked calmini to send me some full size pictures of the front bumper since there really are none floating around:

looks like a pretty solid piece

·
on line
2,938 Posts
mentioned before there are no recover points in the front.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Does look pretty solid to me. It is a shame there aren't any recovery points, but hopefully with the winch I won't ever need recovered! :)

·
on line
1,407 Posts
It looks ok to me. I have my reservations about the winch blocking airflow. I personally prefer the Shrockworks look.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
It really looks unrefined and kinda home made. No style to it. The front skid looks like a patio door plate glass! I like the way Jim did his, It looks so "Factory" un tacked on. Count me out on Calmini. But someone that has neither needs to chime in. MC

·
on line
232 Posts
Not that I would ever buy anything "blue" anyway, but that just looks like ARSE to me. Was never a fan of their bull bars even before my grudge.

Just an FYI... my buddy at ARB said they will be working on a bull bar for the X in the late spring/early summer time frame.

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Mosi said:
Not that I would ever buy anything "blue" anyway, but that just looks like ARSE to me. Was never a fan of their bull bars even before my grudge.

Just an FYI... my buddy at ARB said they will be working on a bull bar for the X in the late spring/early summer time frame.
Yeah I've been talking to a guy at ARB too and if it looks half as good as the one for the pathy, its gonna look sweet.

·
on line
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I like the look of the actual bumper part a lot, but the headlight protection bars just look bulky...

·
on line
161 Posts
usmc xterra said:
But someone that has neither needs to chime in. MC
Ok here i go then:

Honestly, it looks beefy and cool and great to me. Sure the blue look is kinda weird, but i think for somebody who doesnt do as much off roading and doesnt need the winch or recovery points as much, it would be pretty good. I would still go shrockworks for now, but who knows. Maybe if the price fits.

Agree with the point about the winch though, looks like crap, probably kills airflow, oh well.

Without a winch that hole could make a good recovery-liek area.

EDIT:

Ok i dont like the angle on the side of it either.... that looks like crap. The welds make it look factory welded, not hand welded though. Still prefer S-Works bumper more.... but like i said: if the price fits. Although with calmini, it probably wont.

·
on line
2,070 Posts
I think Jim has the market on all the Armor over every1 else.
We all know it holds up to anything we can throw at it!
He has a great rep. and gets every thing that you need
in a timely fashion. Then also he'll accually talk to you
and let you know how long it will take to finish.
I would like to know how many he has sold now...
Calmini maybe has 10 tops! Jim is most likely in the 100's
________
Cerebral palsy advice

·
on line
240 Posts
I wanna know more about those wheels. What are they, who makes them, what size, and how did they get them to fit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts