Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hmm, yeah, I don't like the fact that they gave you no recovery point.

I guess the factory hook would work, but it just give you another low point to hit (my stock hook was pretty scrapped up when I took it off)

·
on line
358 Posts
chrishaynesusa

Any update on the front bumper? How do you like it? What is the big thing to the right in this picture?

·
on line
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put them back inside when everything else was done.
bumper is fine. Heavy and cause some nose dive on braking. This should be remedied when I get a good solid suspension system. I wanted the Calmini suspension system but they are still using the stock coils and shocks. I know one guy on this board (SEXTERRA) has put his own coils and shocks with the Calmini 5 inch lift. . What did he use?

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3197&highlight=

Lots of stuff.

Some speculation that Calmini will partner with FOX and some point in the future for a solution. Till then I wait.

·
on line
564 Posts
Looks good!

chrishaynesusa said:
GOing to Sierra Nevada mountains this weekend. Will take pictures with chains...
Where are you going in the mountains? I need try some trails up there. I didn't think there'd still be snow up there.

Rob

·
on line
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey master chief, note the post date. there was snow up there then.

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
GOing to Sierra Nevada mountains this weekend. Will take pictures with chains.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
robnfl said:
Where are you going in the mountains? I need try some trails up there. I didn't think there'd still be snow up there.
I just returned from the southern, Eastern Sierras last weekend (we went in my girlfriend's RSX!). There is definitely still snow on the highest roads in the Sierras, at least as of a week ago. Our tires touched snow on the tiny road that goes through the southern reaches of the Sequoia Natl. Forest. You may not find a trail with two-feet anymore, but at the highest elevations there may well be some challenging patches. And this was a drought year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts