Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally took the AAL that I ordered and had been sitting in my garage and installed them on the car so I could have it done before the trail tomorrow. I had never done Add-A-Leafs before, and had no idea what I was getting into. Once I finished one side, the other side took 1/4 the time, but this ended up being an all day learning experience for me. I didn't think it would be so difficult, but when lacking instructions (Calmini didn't give any) the order of things you take off makes a big difference. Just an exhausted rant, but I got it done. :cheers: Just need that Bumper and Rock Sliders to arrive and we are in business.

·
on line
47 Posts
Erick said:
So I finally took the AAL that I ordered and had been sitting in my garage and installed them on the car so I could have it done before the trail tomorrow. I had never done Add-A-Leafs before, and had no idea what I was getting into. Once I finished one side, the other side took 1/4 the time, but this ended up being an all day learning experience for me. I didn't think it would be so difficult, but when lacking instructions (Calmini didn't give any) the order of things you take off makes a big difference. Just an exhausted rant, but I got it done. :cheers: Just need that Bumper and Rock Sliders to arrive and we are in business.
Is this the stuff I bought you? Or did you already install that?

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, that was the Christmas present. Took me this long to get the courage to do it, and there were definitely some painful aspects of it...but the key is the things are done!

·
on line
463 Posts
God, I hate to post an " I told you So !" but, they aren't the best at help either.
I've got to tell you that you should have checked with this group for assistance,,,first !
I was in your same boat and this group helped me 1000 % more than Calmini did at all.

Sorry,
Jim B

·
on line
47 Posts
When I first ordered these through Calmini they were really helpful about everything and even said call us if you need help. I guess that was because they were in the process of making a sale.

eh well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts