Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calmini 5" What are the pros and cons on this lift. Not sure how people have this one installed. I have heard that the shackles peeling of the powdercoat. Does this apply to the rest of the parts that they have powdercoated?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
JAdams said:
You should be ashamed!!!
I am, but it seems on Sexterra is the only one on this board willing to try it out

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Did somebody say my name?????

LOL, Yeah I am going to do this mod (but with the TC uca's and Radflo 4"-7" coilovers, and Alcan spring packs in the rear). Okay the kit is still not on its way so... If it gets here after GONE MOAB (first off i will be pissed) but secondly i think i am going to strip all the powdercoating off and redo it in some funky color (maybe purple or something) :drunken: then the next step will be taking all of my shrock armor off and repowder coating all of that in the same crazy color. Then if i am not satisfied from that then i will re-lineX my side steps and rear taillight guards in that color too (if linex isnt available in that color i will find someone that can do it). And lastly my factory roof rack will come off and get a coating as well! Hmmm, while im at it I could get my whells coated also right???? What do you guys think?

Okay i hope nobody thought I was serious :geek: , I dont really mind if it starts flaking a little bit. If it gets out of controll i will just have to find a way to controll it. but untill then.... we will see!

·
on line
1,884 Posts
SEXTerra

How many ship dates has Calmini given you? I thought you were to get it a while back?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
RogueClimber said:
SEXTerra

How many ship dates has Calmini given you? I thought you were to get it a while back?
Right now I have gotten four different dates. I dont really mind that much because I have other mods in mind to keep me busy, and half the time i am out of the country (like right now). It sucks that they keep doing that but.... what can you do. Remember guys when we started ordering from Jim (shrockworks) not too long ago he gave us a date that our stuff would be shipped and then it didnt come untill a month or so after that. Im not compariing Jim to Calmini at all, but i am just saying that these things happen and I am willing to wait. It will be here someday.

Now if i could buy another lift similar to that (SLR is not similar to that) and it get here in a week or so I would cancel my order in a heartbeat, but since that isnt the case all i can do is wait.

·
on line
204 Posts
if calmini keeps lagging, check out the fabtech kit, it seems like it would have a little more ground clearance ( shape of the crossmember)

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Fabtech is set on shipping orders next month. They are a bigger outfit so I doubt there will be any major delays.

But, those kits are for Frontiers. Xterra owners would have to source their own rear lift option as they are spring under. Unfortunetly, for now, you can't order just the front half of the kit.

·
on line
204 Posts
i believe the kit comes with an add a leaf, or blocks. so all you X guys would just have to get shackles or something for the rear. even if it only comes with blocks you guys could easily sell those to a frontier owner. give Greg a call i'm pretty sure he could get the front kit only

·
on line
423 Posts
paulhood said:
Does anybody have this kit installed yet? If so what size tire are you running.
I have installed this lift (Calmini 5"). I haven't upgraded tires yet and I am really considering my options. With the cash I saved doing the install myself...I keep waffling on which tires to buy!!! There are lots of threads on tires in this site with tons of great info Given the limitations of our front diff, I do not plan to do more than a 33" tire (285's). It is just brand, and style at this point.

·
on line
423 Posts
paulhood said:
JtaoJ, Do you have picture of your truck?
Here Here is the link to my Photobuckt:

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/jtaoj/2005 X Lift/

I have since put my Shrock bumper skid back on. I need to lengthen the front sway bar links. Also...TIRES..., and the rear driveshaft vibration. Calmini has been testing a solution from their side on the vibration, but nothing yet.

As a side note, I have my truck in a local Offroad Expo this weekend representing our club. The truck looks awesome in the booth we set up. I was talking to a guy, he was impressed, and then he says...too bad about the wimpy tires :geek:

I will load pics after the show and post them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts