on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the 'other' board. fastdrmr

The Calmini 5" Lift installed.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
It looks pretty good. I would paint the blue parts black, because they stick out pretty bad! Looks like he needs some new tires now.

·
on line
161 Posts
Looks great, but also like it could use an alignment.

I agree with the painting of blue to black. But that thing is a beast and i love it!

Catalyst

·
on line
22 Posts
It looks good. Does anyone know what the blue "bar" is in the 4th picture down? You can see it between the back of the front wheel and the beginning of the rocker panel. I haven't seen anything like that on any other lifts for the XNG.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
He is running 285/75 BFG AT's.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SilverBullet said:
It looks good. Does anyone know what the blue "bar" is in the 4th picture down? You can see it between the back of the front wheel and the beginning of the rocker panel. I haven't seen anything like that on any other lifts for the XNG.
I think, but could be wrong, it's a skid plate that comes with it.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I think the blue bars are differential drop supports.

·
on line
807 Posts
B Slater said:
I think the blue bars are differential drop supports.
Bingo.

·
on line
423 Posts
The truck looks great. I helped Fastdrmr install the lift. When I left last Thursday night, it still needed the brakes bled and front tires back on. The pics you see are pre-alignment. He had it aligned today...not a problem there at all. I have to say that the height in person is really good. I couldn't wait to help get his done so I could see what I was up against. Other than cutting one area of cross member, it is a true bolt on with some wrestling with some alignment punches and pry bars. This thing is stout and is quality.

Fastdrmr had the rear on before I was able to help. The springs are really stout and great as well. The truck handles well.

The blue sticks out much more in the pics. The lift was a bunch of work, but I am psyched to do mine now. I am just waiting to finish some other projects I have committed to, then I will start mine. I have parts scattered across my garage, the X is all clean and ready.

·
on line
807 Posts
I really like this kit. I think 5" is perfect on these trucks.

The price is pretty fair too, doesn't seem overpriced. Although, I do wish the Frontier kit came with new leafsprings like the Xterra kit does. Does anyone know if the Xterra leafs will bolt up to the Frontier? Can the center-pin just be changed to mount on the SOA frontier, the shackles wouldn't be needed then either since they would provide more lift in SOA orientation.

Now I just wish Calmini had a better rep for customer service, shipping, and powercoat quality.

·
on line
423 Posts
stevet47 said:
I really like this kit. I think 5" is perfect on these trucks.

The price is pretty fair too, doesn't seem overpriced. Although, I do wish the Frontier kit came with new leafsprings like the Xterra kit does. Does anyone know if the Xterra leafs will bolt up to the Frontier? Can the center-pin just be changed to mount on the SOA frontier, the shackles wouldn't be needed then either since they would provide more lift in SOA orientation.

Now I just wish Calmini had a better rep for customer service, shipping, and powercoat quality.
I would call Calmini and ask about the fit. As for shipping, mine came within a week and a half of what they promised. Also, the powder coat seems OK...only time will tell, but I bet it will hold well enough.

·
on line
123 Posts
hrmm... Looks "good" I would rather have the rear end sitting a bit more, maybe loose the shackle. I wonder if it will hold up and be of similar quality of SLR.

How long did it take to install?

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Congrats! That's a good looking setup.

Competition is good. Perhaps Calmini and SLR will start a price war on this kit. I think not but figured I'd toss that out... :blackeye:

·
on line
1,320 Posts
05XOR said:
Competition is good. Perhaps Calmini and SLR will start a price war on this kit. I think not but figured I'd toss that out... :blackeye:
Shoot man, you know the SLR is in a differnt league :cheese:
It does look good though.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Thanks for posting those pix cornick. That's my old neighborhood before I moved back to Golden. Fastdrmr lived 3 or 4 houses away and the only time we saw each other was in moab (we keep crossing paths at this one gas station). We both had 2001s and both upgraded to the new gens! Plus there was one more X on our block. Nice Neighborhood! :cheers:

·
on line
423 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
05XOR said:
Shoot man, you know the SLR is in a differnt league :cheese:
It does look good though
Shocks for sure...but they are coming. I haven't seen the SLR in person so I personally cannot attest to which league is which...it looks good in pics installed though.

·
on line
423 Posts
LoPo said:
hrmm... Looks "good" I would rather have the rear end sitting a bit more, maybe loose the shackle. I wonder if it will hold up and be of similar quality of SLR.

How long did it take to install?
For two people who have only done simpler lifts, there was a bit of trial and error. Overall, 15 hours with that. Calmini was terrific on following up timely on questions and with tips. Their estimate of time is 6-10 hours for someone who really knows what they are doing. When I do mine, I learned enough tips which will help. I can't start mine for at least a week due to some promises I made to a friend on doing some wood trim work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts