Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed Ive got major wear on my front tires I've had them balanced and My front end alligned So far this is the only prob ive had w/the lift so dont start bashing the blue guys !!
But any ideas wtf !?!?!?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Describe the wear.
Centered?
Outsides of the tires?
Insides of the tires?
Even all over?

It could be inflation issues. It might not be associated with the lift at all, assuming your front end was properly aligned.

You might want to rotate your tires now, too.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Sounds like your camber might be a bit off man.

Like your wheels are a bit \ /

Rather than | |

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmm Could be Look ok 2 me !! They got bald awfully fast though looked fine to me about a month ago But will def be rotating them asap !!

·
on line
238 Posts
You can be in spec for camber and get additional wear on the outside of your tire. I'm going to have that problem coming up. I have the PRG 2" coilovers. So, when I got it aligned they let me know it was just is spec. After driving for a little while I've noticed the outer lugs getting some wear. My fix will be to add the adjustable cam bolts and have the shop align it closer to 0deg.

It's called positive camber. Nissan allows for 1deg to compensate for loading. But that is in stock height form only. Your tires will look like this from the front if you have positive camber (exagerated of course):

\-----/

Hope that helps a little. If not just consider me to have verbal diarea :geek:

·
on line
152 Posts
bigboyindiego, Did you get a full 2.5" of lift in front and rear with the stock tires? Also do you have picture close up of the tires to see the spacing you got from the fenders with your new tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts