Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i'm new to this forum so bare with me if this has already been addressed by someone....so i've got an 05' Off Road which i love and just recently put a Calmini 2.5-3" suspension lift on. it turned out pretty good until i went over a speed bump at about ten mph and it sounded like my suspension bottomed out, like steel on steel...i haven't had anytime to look into myself so i thought i'd throw this out and see if anyone else has had problems...thanks

·
on line
4,919 Posts
More than likely, you are getting the upper control arm contacting the upper spring bucket. You get that with the calmini spacer/shakle kit under full extension of the front. Some guys get it, some don't. Typically, if you are running a heavy bumper and a winch, this will happen less. Try looking under Suspension, Tire and Wheel for other causes. The only real solution is to get new upper control arms (total chaos, I believe) or you can lessen it by putting a piece of rubber on your control arm, there is a possible solution here:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3900

·
on line
807 Posts
Yup, that is UCA-coilbucket contact. Like XVTer said, the only real way to get around it with a spacer lift is to get a smaller spacer (2") or get the Total Chaos UCAs from PRG.
The rubber hose thing works by creating a make-shift bumpstop, it wont prevent the contract, but just dulls the sound a little.

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks guys...i actually read that post about it and it didn't click till just now...thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts