Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you guys know I just had a pretty big hip surgery last week, recovering well day by day. I am planning on getting Kokopop's front Shrockworks bumper on my road trip over Christmas next week but am realizing I have a problem; it's gonna take more than one guy to do the install and I'm pretty much useless on crutches!

If any of you have experience or would just be willing to lend a hand for a couple hours sometime around next weekend, 22/23 Dec, I will buy you all the Holiday cheer you can drink!

He's right outside NYC, in area code 07628 if that helps. Sorry for the short notice, but could use at least one other guy on this project!

·
on line
10,133 Posts
if you're installing it at his house, i can probably swing up there for a couple of hours to help out. Did you already make the bumper saver out of aluminum? If not, i have a spare 3' piece of the aluminum you'll need. Let me know. I'm leaving for R. Creek in a couple of hours and won't be back til Saturday night, so i won't be able to get back to you until then.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Doesn't matter if he did or not. Just use what ever he has on his truck (doesn't matter if it's a home built piece of aluminum or a cut piece of bumper.

The bumper can be installed by one person if you have a jack (a tranny jack or motorcycle jacks work best).

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I didn't do it. I hacked up my bumper and tossed it. Which is why I need to swap with James.

We will be doing this at my parents house. 07640>

Any help would be appreciated.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kokopop said:
I didn't do it. I hacked up my bumper and tossed it. Which is why I need to swap with James.

We will be doing this at my parents house. 07640>

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the support on bumpin' this! I think Creek said he can he help, you guys know each other?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
nope.

Hopefully it will be warm and not raining.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
The address is

78 Martha Rd.
Harrington park, Nj 07640

·
on line
2,938 Posts
awesome. Looks like rain on Sunday so now I need to find garage space to store one of my father's cars.

I am removing my lift on Friday.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts