Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, Calling All Texas Xterras....

I've spoken with a couple fellas here in Texas about getting a TXXC (Texas Xterras Club) started. I know a few of you will chime in and say well we already have a SWXC but I've heard the biggest complaint so far is that SWXC caters to multiple states and makes it more then hard to get any kind of meets going. So far there has been a couple people who have given me the heads up that they are interested in getting TXXC on the move and started, some of you know this but I just moved out here from Arizona where AZXC is. That club is by far one of the most organized that I've been involved in, while I wasn't a member I did meet several of the members for a outting or two and did attend a meeting with them. I'm looking for other fellow Texas xterra junkies who are interested in getting together once a month for some fun, have some local meetings and get involved in the offroad community. If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to chime in here, I'm more then willing to hear ya'll out.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I think, the reason is, texas is so huge. Brian, I think you have a better chance, of making a southern Texas Xterra club, based out of houston. and other X's can make their own club... blah blah blah. Just an idea. I don't think someone in laredo will be able to make it out into houston for meetings or runs, cause it's just plainly too far. just my 2 cents

·
on line
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Webfur said:
I think, the reason is, texas is so huge. Brian, I think you have a better chance, of making a southern Texas Xterra club, based out of houston. and other X's can make their own club... blah blah blah. Just an idea. I don't think someone in laredo will be able to make it out into houston for meetings or runs, cause it's just plainly too far. just my 2 cents

This issue has crossed my mind as well, I haven't quite figured out what exactly is going to be the solution but if I can peak enough interest I can go from that point.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I'll be the token Frontier owner if you'll have me. :)

Like I said in my PM, I'm not an avid wheeler...but I'm down to meet some cool people.

·
on line
830 Posts
There is a West Texas Xterra Club already, There is the South West Xterra club which is compromised mostly of Texas people. SWXC is not very active because the state it to big. Any Texas based club is not gonna be super active because tis too big. Texas Nissan Offroad is very active because most of the members are in Dallas. You would be better off starting a club in your local area, rather then a state wide club.

·
on line
641 Posts
bigdaddychia said:
There is a West Texas Xterra Club already, There is the South West Xterra club which is compromised mostly of Texas people. SWXC is not very active because the state it to big. Any Texas based club is not gonna be super active because tis too big. Texas Nissan Offroad is very active because most of the members are in Dallas. You would be better off starting a club in your local area, rather then a state wide club.
Where can I find more info on Texas Nissan Offroad? I did a google search but couldn't find anything.

·
on line
830 Posts
sherpa said:
bigdaddychia said:
Where can I find more info on Texas Nissan Offroad? I did a google search but couldn't find anything.
http://tnt4x4club.com/phpBB2/

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i'd be interested in seeing what's up with this. an X club based out of this area would be pretty nice, and hopefully offer some more wheeling opportunities.

btw, you guys still planning on that camping trip?

1 - 20 of 191 Posts