Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a completely stock (for the most part) '06 Xterra X. I love the truck and have only done some minor trail riding. Not really ready to beat up the truck on rocks/trees just yet. You guys got some balls to do that stuff to new trucks.
I have been wanting to do some beach driving (since NY State sells a permit for it) Figured can't do much damage and could just chill wit the ladies or some boys. Is there anything you experts would recommend doing to my truck before hitting the sand?? Any input is greatly appreciated. The only thing i was really starting to look into was a good set of tires so i can ditch these General Grabbers. Thanks guys..it's always nice to have people with answers to turn to.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
True NYS does allow beach driving, but it was severely limited last year on Long Island. Also you need to have a purpose to be on the beach. I think the requirement is one fishing pole per person.

As for items you need. A board a few feet long, tow strap, shovel, tire pressure gauge, and a buddy.

Buried in this thread are some details on LI beaches.

LINXC Spring 06 Beach run

·
on line
1,716 Posts
The bare minimum that I would recommend is:
Good set of tires and air them down when you get to the sand
Air up anytime mod to air up the tires when you get off the sand
Recovery strap just in case you need a pull or need to pull someone
Pull off splash guards and steps if you have them

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know bout the what needs to be carried in the truck to drive on the beaches. I'm gonna pick up 4 snoopy fishing rods with a tiny tackle box piece of plywood. I was wondering more bout the truck. I'm gonna be traveling with a Ram 1500 most of the time. As for the truck tho other then tires and a tow strap...is there anythin i'm missing?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Just make sure you air down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts