Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running a nismo cai on their X i saw a video on youtube showing an x with a nismo cai and it went to 0-60 in 6.9 seconds and it sounded sweet if anyone has one please give some input

·
on line
1,574 Posts
this should be in engine and powertrain.
but i think its worth it to go with volant or k&n.
if you get a nismo intake, remember its like putting a factory intake on...

·
on line
576 Posts
6.9 seconds huh? Not much gained from the Nismo intake then as a stock X can do 7 seconds 0-60.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
The Nismo intake is made by AEM, but uses and oiled filter (vs. the non-oiled on on the AEM). I've got the AEM and have been pretty happy with it.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
I've got the Volant CAI in my X, and I love it, the sounds is great, it seems more responsive as well. There's a thread on here that has a link for a site that seels the Volant for $264 shipped, that is where I got mine, and it took a week to get to my house from when I placed my order.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
I've got one on mine and love it..

·
on line
10,133 Posts
if you plan on going offroad at all, i would highly suggest the Volant. If I were to take a picture of my engine right now, all you would see is mud. If it weren't for the Volant (fully enclosed) my air filter would also be covered in mud. I opened my cai enclosure last week after R. Creek and the filter was spotless.

·
on line
443 Posts
Just put my Volant in with the Amsoil filter (huge) and I like it so far...only put 10-15 miles on it so far.

·
on line
443 Posts
Low end is back...after my magnaflow muffler install and that is great. Maybe I was just expecting more but now it feels like I lost a little on the top end...that I got from the magnaflow. It could have just been the drive I was taking or something else. Either way, I am getting all the real goodies soon. IMS and both under drive pullies.

·
on line
1,059 Posts
Creek said:
if you plan on going offroad at all, i would highly suggest the Volant. If I were to take a picture of my engine right now, all you would see is mud. If it weren't for the Volant (fully enclosed) my air filter would also be covered in mud. I opened my cai enclosure last week after R. Creek and the filter was spotless.
Very true, but it doesn't see any trails. That's what the 02 is for.. ;)

And sikX, it feels great especially when your on the gas. The sound that comes out of it is sweet as hell. Growls nicely

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RIXterra said:
Creek said:
Very true, but it doesn't see any trails. That's what the 02 is for.. ;)

And sikX, it feels great especially when your on the gas. The sound that comes out of it is sweet as hell. Growls nicely
sounds good have you ever considered swapping it with a volant since it is pretty popular amongst our fellow X owners

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I just don't like the idea of warranty. if u look at the Nismo website, it'l tell u that it voids the warranty, sucks

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Webfur said:
I just don't like the idea of warranty. if u look at the Nismo website, it'l tell u that it voids the warranty, sucks
same here lol thats the only thing holding me back

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Your dealer would have to be a total jerk. Tons of people who have new intakes get warranty work done no problem. They're just saying that, seriously.

Has anyone here actually had a dealer refuse to do work under the warranty because of an intake? I agree it probably happens, but not generally and switching to a decent dealer would solve the problem in most cases.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well if something goes wrong in regards to the new cai the warranty would not cover it seeing that it was not a factory intake

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Would it be that tough to switch back to the factory intake if you did have a big problem with the warrenty being denied?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts