Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is short notice, but:

Would anyone like to join me for a leisurely drive up Fish Creek and Sandstone Canyon on Saturday, October 20th? This will be a geology and photo tour mostly, maybe a bit of hiking in a slot canyon.

For those who have not been there, Fish Creek is a wide sandy wash that is pretty much flat and easy. After about 12 miles is Sandstone Canyon, which is also easy and flat but gets very narrow in places to the turn-around spot about 2.5 miles in, then it's back out the way we came in, for a total of about 29 miles.

This is a stock-friendly trail, just a bit sandy in spots. The Park Service recommends 4WD. There may be a few rocky spots to get over, nothing difficult though. Looks like temps around 85-90 degrees expected. Plan for being out there the better part of the day.

If you are interested please post either here or in my post on SCCX and send me a PM for my cell phone and to leave me yours.

Meet Place / Time: Anza Borrego State Park Visitor Center
200 Palm Canyon Drive, Borrego Springs, CA 92004

10:00AM Saturday 10/20

Comm: CB: Channel 12; FRS: Channel 10 - Subcode 24

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Erick said:
You think my wife would mine me going and skipping out on her 30th birthday?
Bring her along, I'll pick up a fresh apple pie on the way and we can celebrate.

By the way, wish her a happy birthday for me. Oh, and we have not seen you guys around SCCX in a while, hope all is well. And say hi to Tim and his family for me when you see him next too.

·
on line
589 Posts
Everything is great man, and I will relay the birthday wishes to her. We had been planning a wedding for 200+ people and it just got insane, and then for the month of September we were on our Honeymoon through Europe so there was little time to play with the X through all of that.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erick said:
Everything is great man, and I will relay the birthday wishes to her. We had been planning a wedding for 200+ people and it just got insane, and then for the month of September we were on our Honeymoon through Europe so there was little time to play with the X through all of that.
September is a great time to wander around Europe. Where did you go? Any good pictures or stories?

·
on line
589 Posts
Turkey, Italy, Spain, and Greece as a vague overview. I have something like 700 pictures, so not going to even try to post them up here, but it was a wonderful trip without a single bad story to relate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts